Chapter Two: Paint me

After dinner, the two girls took their showers and got ready to go to bed. They were lying down on their bed facing each other cuddling. Yongsun's breathing lightened up and she started to snore cutely. Moonbyul smiled knowing that her girlfriend was sleeping soundly. Yongsun loves it when I sing her to sleep. "In my room everyday I see you smile." She kept on singing, watching her other half sleep soundly. After a few minutes of singing, Moonbyul stopped and decided to take her fair share of sleep.
    "We're destined to be together right?" Yongsun was running in an open flower field with a long, beautiful, floral dress with a wide sun hat sitting on top of her head. Her hair bounced up and down while she was running holding onto Moonbyul's hand. She smiled back nodding her head and running with her sun across the field. They both kept running and running through an endless field of flowers. It was all happy with the sun shining its rays on them. Not until Moonbyul fell through a hole in the ground. Yongsun was screaming her name trying to hold onto her hand but missed. "Yongsun! Yongsun!" Falling deeper deeper and deeper down flashbacks engraved on glass started to crack and then shatter. Moments of them eating together, sleeping together, cuddling together, all of their moments broke into fine pieces. Moonbyul fell on her knees with the broken pieces of memories on the cold floor.
The space she was in was dark. No light shined besides where she was. Hastily trying to put the pieces together, she accidently cut herself as blood slowly spilled. The precious memories of Yongsun started to be stained with red. Anger, resentment, and passion. Moonbyul cried seeing the pieces stained with her blood. Her tears dropped onto her blood and everything changed colors. Blue, all of their moments when they were in doubt. The moments when they felt lonely and needed someone to be there for them. All of those empty nights where she walked a path without her love Yongsun. All of those nights where she wished she was able to call her. All of those nights where she was distanced from her.
Moonbyul became stressed seeing the sight in front of her. A voice suddenly spoke to her. "Afterall you two were destined. The moon and the sun finally being able to love each other. How much will you suffer if you two never met? Since the universe was born, since the stars were created, how many rotations would it take for you two to find each other again? You two paint each other, layer by layer. You add more and more of your feelings onto your canvas. She's happy and you are too. Spend one last day together and you two will be separated and distanced from each other until you find each other again." The voice stopped talking and Moonbyul collapsed falling on her back.
"Byul-ah! Are you okay? You were sweating and breathing heavily. You were saying my name a lot too. Are you perhaps dreaming of something?" Yongsun tapped Moonbyul's shoulders. Her face is right above the girl lying down. Moonbyul felt hot, and a few droplets of sweat emitted from her forehead. Her breathing was heavy, she opened her arms and pulled Yongsun into a kiss. She started to cry and deeply hugged her. "Sun, I want to spend all day with you. Just like this, we cuddle and kiss all day. Please just do this for me today." Moonbyul looked at Yongsun with her wet eyes. Moonbyul felt her smile on her chest as she spoke. "Of course, Moon. Anything for you." They stayed still hugging each other and occasionally saying "I love you". Yongsun peppered her with kisses all over her face and neck. The soft bed supported the two of them cuddling together. Their hands intertwine with each other with a soft grip. With Yongsun lying on top of her, she could feel her heartbeat get faster every minute. Moonbyul felt comforted and happy that her girlfriend was spending time with her. She smiled through every single kiss she received and every single kiss she gave.
Yongsun broke away from their cuddling and asked, "Can you tell me what you dreamt about? Only if you're comfortable, I want you to let your feelings out to me." Moonbyul blankly stared at her. She sat up with her back against the headboard and decided to explain everything that happened. "Yong, I don't know if these dreams can come true, but this one feels real." She nodded in response and held her hand in comfort. "Me and you were happy, running through this huge field of flowers. You said in this dream that we were destined to meet. We kept running and running and all of a sudden I fell. I fell into this big hole and our memories were shown on glass. They started to shatter and this voice told me that I would be separated from you after today. I would have to find you all over again." She sniffled, wiping tears out of her eyes.
    Yongsun was shocked by the dream Moonbyul had. She tackled her into a hug again and she started to cry with her. They stayed like that for a few minutes until their alarm clock rang loudly. Moonbyul reached her arm out to stop the alarm and looked at the time. "Yong, it's 7:30 AM now. Do you want to go out for breakfast?" She stood up stretching her arms and yawned. Yongsun hummed in response and the two of them went to get dressed and did their morning routine.
Moonbyul finished first and sat on their couch comfortably waiting for the other to finish. She wore a white t-shirt with a pair of dark blue pants and a blazer. To top it all off, she added a baseball cap with matching colors. Yongsun walked out of their room in a matching dress and smiled. "You look great."
"I know but you look better than anything on this Earth." Yongsun blushes profusely. She was very much flustered and always had to deal with her girlfriend's greasy pick up lines every now and then. She grabbed her hand and they both walked out the door.
They sat inside a small cafe that had minimalistic decorations. Cream white walls, brown wood accents and wide windows that let the sunlight in. They sat down as a waiter asked for their drinks. "Good morning, can I start you off with any drinks?" Both of them pondered for a little bit and they both ordered some orange juice and a few bagels. The waiter wrote everything down on his notepad, he thanked the ladies and walked back to the kitchen to place the order.
After he left the two of them grabbed each other's hands and smiled. Even when there was no talking, they just enjoyed each other's presence. It was calming and very therapeutic. Moonbyul massaged Yongsun's hands as she smiled waiting for their bagels to come out.
A smell wafted from the kitchen to the dining room. The smell of freshly baked bread and pastries. The nutty scent of sesame seeds being crushed and the bitter yet sweet smell of coffee went everywhere. The waiter came back with their bagels, cream cheese and orange juice. They both dug into their bagels enjoying the flavor. The perfect bagel contained doubled whipped plain cream cheese with everything seasoning. Which includes onion, garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and other seasonings. Everything was just perfect.
"Do you like the bagels?" Moonbyul took another bite and sipped on her juice. Yongsun was in the middle of eating and her cheeks stuck out with the piece of bread inside her mouth. She nodded in response, smiling through and chewed thoroughly.
After their little date at the cafe they both went back to their apartment and decided to get comfortable in their clothes. They both wore loose shirts with baggy sweatpants as they cuddled together on the couch. Their hearts raced while being embraced in the other's arms. Spending time like this was easy and comforting. It made time fly quickly and made themselves feel better.
"Byulyi, when midnight strikes will I lose you?" She sniffled at the thought of losing her loved one.
"Yes my Sun. I don't ever want to be separated from you. You are my other half and I can't afford to lose you." They kissed and cuddled until noon. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" Moonbyul reached for the remote and changed to their movie streaming app on their TV. Yongsun smiled and tackled her into a kiss again. "Of course. Pick whatever you like." Moonbyul smiled happily and picked out a cute romance movie for them to watch.
As time flew by, Yongsun already lost interest in the movie and just stared at Byul for the rest of the time. Her eyes focused on her while the movie was playing. Byul's eyes started to feel heavy and she laid down on the couch right underneath Yongsun, closing her eyes.
She fell asleep fairly quickly and she smiled. "Look at her. She's so tired already." Yongsun looked at the clock and saw that 9PM already hit and she decided to carry Moonbyul back to bed. They stayed together for a few more hours until fifteen minutes were left out of twenty four hours.
"I love you so much." Yongsun whispered in her ear.
"I love you too baby." They stayed together crying, hugging, holding hands, waiting for the clock to strike 12. One more minute left. "Whatever happens Byul, I want to let you know that wherever you are. I will always be there with you. Maybe not physically but my heart will." Yongsun wailed, grabbing onto the other's shoulders. "I love you so much, I will always be the star that will shine upon you Sun."
"Just one more time please."
"Okay. One last time before we say goodbye."  They kissed passionately and the clock struck 12. Light was forming between the two and they both disappeared. A voice, in fact the same voice from Byul's dreams appeared again. "You had your last moment with her. Now find each other again. You two are meant to be. Now find each other all over again."
Moonbyul woke up in a different bed. The room was mostly empty. There was a window right next to the bed with white curtains. Out of curiosity, she stood up from the bed and opened the curtains. Her eyes widened at the sight.
"Where are we now?"