Chapter Four: Monster

Sitting around a table with candles lit and plates full of food in front of them, they ate in silence. Moonbyul looked out the window, cars filled the streets driving around and honking. Restaurants were filled with joy and laughter. One of her favorite places to go eat was the local ice cream parlor called Snow Creamery. Of course the ice cream there was great, but the specific reason why made her tear up. All of those times when she and Yongsun would go out for ice cream came to her head.

"Can I have mint chocolate chip please?" Yongsun pointed to the flavor and the man behind the counter scooped some into a bowl. "Mint chocolate tastes like toothpaste." Moonbyul looked at the ice cream disgusted until she was slapped on the arm. Yongsun smiled jokingly looking at her, "I have no idea what you're talking about." They paid for their ice cream and sat on an empty curb. Behind them was a wall filled with graffiti art made from random strangers. It was beautiful but Moonbyul's gaze was locked on something else. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Yongsun pouted, her lips pointing down. "Because you're so beautiful." Yongsun squealed at her flirtiness. Yelling and hitting Moonbyul's arm, "Ah! You're so greasy I swear!" Moonbyul smiled and laughed. She took a piece of her ice cream and smudged it on the other's face. "Hey! why did you do that?" Yongsun was about to wipe her face until Moonbyul kissed her face where the ice cream was, licking it off with her tongue. She froze in place, getting red from left to right. "So I could clean you up like that."

"Byul unnie? Are you there?" Wheein waved her hand in front of her face. She snapped back into reality and saw that their plates were empty. She silently shed a tear and wiped it off her face trying hard to hide her emotions. "Oh, yeah I'm here. Do you guys have a ride home?" She smiled but that smile had so much pain hidden behind closed doors. "Oh yeah, me and Wheein could get a taxi. We'll leave now, thanks for the food!" The two of them put on their blazers and shoes. They walked out of the apartment bidding their goodbyes.

Moonbyul sank to the floor breathing heavily. God I miss her so much. Where could she be right now? She slowly went into what was their room seeing no sign of her belongings. Their pictures together weren't there at all. There was only one nightstand on her side of the bed with the regular glass of water and lamp. She looked up at the clock by the wall and read the time. 9:00 PM.

After a few minutes of crying and sobbing. She finished taking her shower and putting on clothes. Throwing herself on the bed they once shared, she put on a few songs to help her go to sleep. Most of the time, Yongsun would be right next to her rubbing her hand in her hair and snoring quietly. They would've cuddled and spent their nights together but it's going to be the first time in a few years since they haven't done that. Moonbyul slowly drifted off into sleep in silence.

"It seems that you made some sort of progress but you still have a long way to go Byulyi." That same voice from the night before erupted out from space. "Who the hell are you!? Give me my life back with Yongsun!" Moonbyul yelled into the distance. Soon she can hear heels tapping the floor with each step. A woman came into sight. "Yong?" She stuttered holding her hands to her chest. "Byulyi!" Yongsun ran in her heels wanting to hug her in her arms. Except, the moment their hands touched, she disappeared into thin air. Slowly fading away, her image became more and more translucent. Byul frantically tries grabbing her before it's too late, but it all happens so fast. The voice spoke out again, "I will give you one hint, and a few rules. The hint being, something will happen tomorrow that will start something new." 'Something new huh? Like work wise or personally?' "The first rule is that you refer me to the name, Absence." 'Absence my ass' Moonbyul thought. "The second rule being that you will not, absolutely not tell anyone about these dreams. The third rule being that if you do you will be punished by the universe. You must pay the price for bending and changing such an event."