Chapter Nine FINALE: Abyss

"We don't have that much time left, you have one hour and one hour drains fast here. Hurry, you must follow me." Moonstar hurried and created a star with her hands. It shined brightly as she threw it at a wall. The wall cracked and broke into fine dust pieces. Behind the wall, revealed a dark room with one other door.

"So we broke two walls today, that's fun." Hyejin chuckled. The room had large pieces of dust covering the floor. Nothing seemed suspicious at first until the three agents found footprints in the dust. They were decently sized, the shoes must've had lots of grip with the kind of marks it made. They came to a conclusion that the person wearing them was wearing boots of some sort.

"Monster is behind that door I'm pretty sure," Moonstar paused. "Whatever happens back there, I can't exactly help." Her eyes darkened, staring at the door. The three others got their courage up and decided to open the door. Another dark room. Great. Something different was about this one. It felt cold and odd. Something lingers in this room exactly. Then two spotlights flashed down. One of them was on the group and another was on a throne with a red carpet.

"About time Moonstar. You came here with some lovely guests." A woman appeared sitting on the throne. She looked exactly like what they imagined. Long dark hair, tall black boots, thick eyeshadow with hand tattoos and a black leather uniform with badges and a rope. They stood there frozen with appalled looks on their faces.

A loud scream was heard ahead. "Yongsun?" Byulyi clenched her fists. She was close to punching Monster in the face. Her blood began to boil, her eyebrows furrowed and sharpened. Moonstar placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.

"Relax, we will get through this," Moonstar said reassuringly. "What do you want, Monster? Giving these mortals pain and suffering for your own enjoyment?"

"Perhaps, I do enjoy watching them suffer under my wrath. Afterall, these two aren't supposed to be together." Monster snapped her fingers. Yongsun magically appeared, tied to a chair with something inside her mouth. She looked pale and dead. Her skin was dry and had bruises, cuts and all sorts of marks. That's when Byulyi realized something, the sun and moon, they were always apart.

"The sun and the moon have always been lovers or enemies, they will never be together." Byulyi said aloud, telling the others. Monster let out a chuckle.

"Well said Byulyi Moon. In this case, they will not even be lovers or enemies, instead they will not even acknowledge each other's existence," Monster's voice boomed throughout the room. "The two shall perish, if Moonstar defeats me, I'll let you go back to your petty world together." Monster challenged. Wheein and Hyejin were the most clueless of the group. Not knowing what was going on but the idea that it involved them felt strange and invasive.

"Uh, sorry to ruin the mood with your villain moment but why are me and Wheein here?" Hyejin broke the silence between everyone.

"Hyejin Ahn and Wheein Jung, you two are also with Byulyi and Yongsun in their universe. Right now, the versions of you in that original dimension are unaware of what has happened." Moonstar clarified hoping to give them some sort of understanding.

"Cut to the chase, Moonstar defeats you and you get me and Yongsun back into our world." Byulyi put lots of courage in each word. Yongsun raised her head slowly, she groaned through the restraints but couldn't say a single word. She locked eyes with Byulyi and her eyes began to water. Tears now streaming down her face, she yelled something through the rag in her mouth.

"Whatever you say Byulyi, the fight may begin." Monster raised from her throne and shot a stream of black mist towards Moonstar. The agents yelled in fear as they dodged the attack. Moonstar waved her hand putting up a white shield in front of her. The three of them stood in the corner frozen. The two forces began to strike at one another. Shot after shot, Monster kept getting blocked by Moonstar's magic white shield. Occasionally, Moonstar would strike a blinding white light towards the other trying to get a hit.

"Agents, we must come up with a plan." Wheein tried to calm herself under the pressure. Standing around and doing nothing was going to work. Meanwhile, Yongsun was screaming and kicking her feet against the ground. Byulyi was in pain hearing her tearfully. Moonstar started to charge towards Monster and they began to get into close combat. They began to throw punches, kicks and other sorts of ways to get the opponent on the ground.

"Not so bad are you Moonstar? I have finally found my match." Monster grabbed the other's wrist trying to break it. Light began to emit from Moonstar's body, the light was so strong to where it knocked all of them back landing on the ground. Monster lied there coughing, she tried to catch her breath. Moonstar rushed towards Monster with a white sword from who knows where and attempted the final cut.

Monster swiftly got up and blocked the sword with a golden crown. It had red ruby jewels and diamonds around the rim. She held it up to the sky and a dark moon appeared inside, it shined a dark force on Moonstar, throwing her back a few feet away from her. Monster laughed again villainously, she walked towards Moonstar's body on the ground. She let out one last chuckle, her crown turned into a dark black sword. She aimed it towards Moonstar's throat.

"This is where we part ways Moonstar, you've been good. A good match, but in this world, the dark will always swallow the light." Monster raised her sword. At the moment she was about to swing down, she was tackled by two others, the dark sword clanging on the ground. Wheein and Hyejin threw themselves at her, making Monster lose her balance, knocking her over.

"You damn humans!" Monster struggled, trying to kick them off her body. Moonstar got up to her feet with her sword back in hand. Byulyi ran to Yongsun, hands shaking trying to untie the restraints. She first took out the gag in her mouth, revealing bruised and cut lips.

"Byulyi, you're here." Yongsun let out a cough. Byulyi kept untying the ropes and finally grabbed the other's hand.

"I'm back my sun, I'm here now." They both ran for the door but were stopped by Monster's force. She shot a ray of flames setting the door on fire, the door burst into flames and began to spread throughout the room slowly.

"You can't leave!" Monster shouted at the top of her lungs, she finally threw the two girls over her shoulder. Wheein and Hyejin laid on the ground grabbing for their stomachs, greatly bleeding from their chest. Another yell was heard in the room, Moonstar slashed Monster's torso hoping to make an injury. Monster screamed in pain, and a dark mist began to swirl around her. Moonstar continued slashing at her, her blade deflected from a shield created by Monster's last ounce of magic.

With one last bit of energy left, Monster reached for her sword and threw it at Yongsun. Byulyi moved hastily, putting herself in front of the blade. She fell to her knees, the world began to spin, her shirt began to carry a pool of blood.

"Byul! God please no, please no." Yongsun crouched down, Byulyi was hurt and lying in her arms, blood coming up from her mouth. Wheein and Hyejin began muttering their last words.

"Wheein, remember that time?" Hyejin coughed trying to cover her mouth. "When you walked over to my desk and asked me if you wanted to become friends?"

"I remember it all Hyejin, the days we would go to the Han river and talk about our dreams." Wheein whined and cried. They weren't going to make it.

"Let's hope that one day, we go there again. Staring at the water and the bridge at night." Hyejin smiled one last time.

"We should do that, it would be like the old days." Those were their last words. Hyejin and Wheein's hearts stopped beating as they took their final breath together. Yongsun cried loudly again. This time, it was full of anger and resentment. Moonstar was too busy trying to fight off the last bit of Monster and her mist.

"Love?" Byulyi smiled looking up at Yongsun.

"Yes?"

"I want to let you know that I will continue being with you. Until the very end. Right here." She raised her hand and patted Yongsun's chest. Yongsun's eyes had streams of tears, continuously flowing.

"I know, you will always be with me. Until the end, even if the entire world is against you, I will stay by your side. Even when you disappear into the abyss and your absence is the only thing left in this world." Yongsun kissed her one last time before bidding her goodbye. She accepted her fate and Byulyi's.

"If happy ever did exist, I would be holding you like this," Byulyi breathed in one last time, clutching her arms into Yongsun. "Maybe, in another life where we can see from the stars."

"In another life Byulyi."