Chapter Three: Memory

The big white curtains opened grandly revealing the glass window behind it. On the other side was a hallway with nurses and doctors rushing in and out of rooms. People in wheelchairs and crunches moved around while people were sitting in chairs waiting outside of operation rooms. A nurse walked in the room with a clipboard and pen in her hand. "Agent Moon?" She asked, clicking her pen while she jotted down a few things on her paper. Agent Moon? Moonbyul never heard anyone call her that name.

Who was she in this life? Last time she checked, she had a job at an office. "What?" She stuttered looking at the nurse confused with the name she gave her. Her eyes went down to her jacket and saw a name written on it. Nurse Kang Seulgi. "I guess you really did forget a few things. Let me catch you up on what's going on. You were on the front lines working as an agent under the NIS and you got into a big car accident." Her eyes widened in disbelief. She shut them tight and saw a glass shattering with memories. Driving, chasing, crashing, shooting, people screaming, and blood. All of those things were in separate fragments.

"When can I leave?" Moonbyul tilted her head and swung her feet back and forth on the bed. She really wanted to leave the hospital room she was in and just wasn't wanting to deal with any of it. "In a few hours, your team has dropped off a few files for you to look at while you're waiting." Seulgi left the room and handed her a few cream colored files. All of them were labeled neatly and she ran her fingers through each piece of paper. One of them caught her attention as she pulled the document and looked at this person's profile.

The picture taken on the file was her. In a neat suit and tie with a blank look, everything about her was written down. Name: Byulyi Moon, Date of Birth: 12/22/1992, Gender: Female, Connections: Jung Wheein, Ahn Hyejin, Seulgi Moon, Yesoul Moon, etc. Confused about how that paper knew everything about her, the nurse came back into the hospital ward. "You're ready to go now. Your team is outside waiting." She bowed and left bidding her goodbyes and thanks to the agents outside. Two women walked in with rough looking clothes.

Wheein? Hyejin? "Byul unnie! You're awake!" Wheein smiled widely, showing her dimple on the side of her mouth. Hyejin was right next to her smiling and hugging Wheein on the side. Moonbyul smiled and got up from the bed and hugged the two of them. She quickly stopped and asked a question. "Do you know where Yongsun is?" Moonbyul buttoned up her shirt and tied her hair. "Unnie, who is Yongsun?" Hyejin tapped her foot looking at her friend with a questioning expression.

It was at that moment, she realized something was off. A new job? Her closest friends have no idea who Yongsun is? What more could possibly go wrong? In fact many things. Moonbyul grabbed a jacket from a stand and quickly put it on. She hurried the two out of the ward and walked down the hallway to checkout. "Yongsun is someone I know and love dearly." Moonbyul started tearing up about the thought of being completely left alone without her other half. "I thought you guys would know. You guys are her friends too."

"Um, we don't know Yongsun and you're dating her? Whoever she is, I think you're going insane." Wheein stretched her arm to her side and then to the other. "Just, nevermind." They got into a car and drove back to the Agency. The ride wasn't too long, thankfully. Having to go through security check after security check, they finally made it through the gates and went inside the big building. For sure the place was an Intelligence Agency. Tall white walls towered over them with huge windows that let in sunlight shone on display.

Huff. Huff. Huff. Yongsun was running through the city with nothing. Two men were chasing after her in a dark alley. "Byul ah! Where are you? Save me please! Just this once!" She shouted running, making turns trying to lead off the men. Shouting was probably the worst thing she did. Not only was she wasting air, it gave the chasers a good idea of where she was. Yongsun kept running and running until she hit a dead end. "No no no no no! Not now. What should I do?" She was faced with a brick wall with nothing but a random crow eating scraps of bread. The two men eventually caught up to her. Both of them were wearing all black clothes, face masks to hide their identities and black baseball caps. One of the men took out a towel and quickly grabbed her, putting the towel to her nose. She quickly fell unconscious into their hands and they dragged her into another building.