Chapter Six: Destiny

Again, Byulyi slept in her bed alone. Instead of a dark room where she and Yongsun met last time, she was in a bright white room. Lights in the shape of rods hung around the walls making it look like a maze. She looked around, so many bright lights her eyes were going to go blind. "Hello Byulyi." She turns her head to the sound only to see herself. Looking back and forth confused, she takes a few steps back.

"You're me?"

"You're another me, and I'm another you." This other version of herself had gems on her face in a line like a rope. Her hair was neat and tidy, she wore a white suit and jacket, a silver brace or harness on top of the blazer. She reached her hand out, her long fingers stretched and a bright star appeared before her.

"How did you do that?" Inside that shining star, the form changed to a ball. Images started to project onto it. Memories of her and Yongsun started playing, the day at the ice cream shop, the bagel breakfast date, when they hugged while waiting for their food to be done that one dinner.

"You two lived such a happy life. I will never forgive what Monster did." Her face darkened, a bright aura surrounded her.

"Who is Monster? And who are you?"

"I'm Moonstar, the brighter version of you. A version of you that keeps peace. Monster on the other hand is the exact opposite." She swishes her hand and the images from happy memories change. Now, the star showed Yongsun being tied to a chair sleeping, bruises over her body, a few cuts over her face, she didn't look the same anymore. Another person, in black boots, uniform and with extremely dark eye shadow came from the side.

"What the hell? Is that Monster? Why does she have Yongsun?" Byulyi sank down to her knees, her hands tried to grab the star but it burned. Really bad.

"Byulyi, do you not know her ancestry or yours?" Moonstar's hands closed and the images and the vision disappeared.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Two chairs appeared out of nowhere and Moonstar sat down. Byulyi sat down, her hands massaging each other.

"So the Moon clan, Byulyi do you realize that you're a descendent from the Moon goddess?"

"What? Dalnim? The moon goddess?" The moon goddess is her great great great great great, too many greats, grandmother?

"It's quite simple, even in Greek mythology, the gods and goddesses have different faces depending on which region they're in or portrayed. So in Greek terms, Dalnim is also Artemis in Greek form. Or in Roman form, Diana." In Greek mythology, Artemis is twins with Apollo, the god of the sun.

"Wait so are you saying that Yongsun is also a descendent of Haebak? The god of the sun?"

"In simple words, yes. Here's the thing Byulyi, the sun and the moon have always been lovers or enemies but whatever the case is, they will never be together. However, what you and Yongsun have is actually destiny. It was meant to be, but Monster doesn't want it that way. She has always been traditional and wants to keep the two separated." Everything is starting to make sense, why else would they not be together? They were forced into a new life and had to start everything from scratch.

"Destiny? I've never really believed something like that before but if it's meant to be, then I'll take it."

"Byulyi, nothing is ever a coincidence, it's destiny. Fate is set when you're born. I'm just going to say this and I don't have much time left and I might try to contact you again via dreams, but your mission is to get Yongsun back, and your friends Hyejin and Wheein? They will eventually get dragged into this mess too. Tell them everything that we discussed, Yongsun is trapped somewhere with Monster, save her before the next eclipse."