3 : ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ ɪ ᴀᴍ .

can you...tell me what i want to hear

i looked like a train-wreck, my hair and clothes disheveled with sweat running down my back and tears soaking my face. but i didn't care and i knew she wouldn't care either. so with a broken heart and a damaged mind i rang her doorbell.

"oh hi-" she opened the door, she was still beautiful. even in my current state my heart couldn't help but swoon. she noticed my distress and pulled me inside. "love, what's wrong? come up to my room and tell me, okay?"

her voice was smooth and sweet like syrup, as it filled my ears i couldn't do anything, but comply to whatever she said. "y-yes, okay."

she squeezed my hand, melting away most of my stress. her hands were always so soft and delicate, yet they always made me feel safe. as long as i held her hand in mine nothing could hurt me.

her room was cozy with earthy tones and muted yellows, it smelled like her too. lavender, she smelled like lavender. she sat on the bed and i followed suit, her hands left mine (much to my untold dismay).

"so hit me. what's bothering you, sweets?" she asked with a reassuring smile, a smile that said no matter what i'd say i wouldn't be judged.

"my m-mama and i don't-is there something wrong with me!?" i tried, but failed to keep my voice steady.

"what do you mean?"

"liking girls. it's not my f-fault, so w-why would she-" i cried, my fingers pulling at my hair.

she pulled me into a warm embrace, hiding my face in her chest. "shh, c'mere. it's okay, i promise. don't cry, okay. there is nothing wrong with you." she hummed, stroking my hair.

i lift my head up to look at her with teary eyes, "r-really? promise?"

"yes, baby. i promise." she kissed my forehead before hugging me again.

and i just stayed like that, safe in her arms.