Chapter 27

Prompt from @Divine_Pandora(ao3 user): Now that Loki isaware of the fact that he treated her badly, I now want to see him try to winher back over by showing that he would be a better boyfriend than Henry. If youdecide to use this prompt then bonus points if it completely backfires.

A/N: I had a lot of similar prompts to this one, so here it is! thank you all so much for still sending in prompts, i'm always checking for more so keep sending them in! i hope you enjoy this chapter<3

...

The next morning when you arrive at work there's a coffee waiting for you on your desk next to the huge bouquet of flowers. An apology.

It makes you smile. A real smile: more real than the one you'd given Henry when he'd presented you with the bouquet.

You don't see Loki for the next few days, but the coffees continue to find their way on to your desk every morning, so you know that he's alright. And apologetic.

By the fourth day you're planning on knocking on his door in the evening if you don't see him around. You want to talk to him; it's all you can think about. This, Henry has noticed.

"What's the deal with you and Lokus?" he had asked you two nights ago.

"You mean Loki?" you reply, holding back a smile.

"Yeah. Greasy dude who tried to blow up New York."

You roll your eyes.

"He didn't – and anyway, there's no 'deal'." you say firmly.

"Uh, he did. And there clearly is. You keep defending him, and he's always making eyes at you."

"He does not make eyes at me." you protest, rolling your eyes.

"Does." Henry mumbles under his breath. You look up at him and smile, poking him.

"You jealous?"

"Is there reason for me to be?" he asks you seriously.

"I'm joking." you sigh, looking away again.

Henry is nice, and smart, and funny, but he can be quite uptight when it comes to your relationship. You're not a fan of it.

It's about ten past one before you finally spot Loki. He walks past your office without so much as a sideways glance through the door, and it immediately occurs to you that something's happened.

You give it about a minute before poking your head around the side of the door to look down the empty corridor, before then walking in the direction he had been heading. You don't have to search long before finding him.

He's sat behind a desk in a fairly empty, unoccupied office two doors down from yours, and looks up as you appear in the doorway.

"Hi." you say, a smile fighting its way on to your face just at the sight of him. You've missed him, you realise.

"Hello." he replies.

"Thanks for the coffee."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Your smile turns into a full blown grin, and he smiles too as he looks up.

"So...?" you prompt, moving into the office and sitting down in the chair opposite him. It's the first time you've sat this way around, with him behind the desk.

"So... what?" he replies.

"You can't just disappear for four days and then rock up and say, 'so what?' to me." you tell him sternly. He smiles briefly again.