Small victory

Swipe for music 🎶

Eloïse's POV

My hand was wrapped in a white bandage and most of the blood on my body was gone but I still felt disgusting. I don't remember when was the last time I took a shower. I somehow found something like a hair tie to put my hair up so I wasn't bothered with my tick hair. I'm sure I didn't smell like flower but at this point all I cared about was saving Angel and get the hell out of here.

I was still sitting in the same corner of the dark room. I didn't know what was I suppose to do. Mattheo Riddle left a couple minutes after I cleaned my wounds, I don't know where he went, for how long or if he would ever come back or let me rot here for the rest of my life. The place was silent, too silent. I wasn't hearing cries of pain like I was use to it, there was just...nothing. I was stuck in my mind and thinking about every way possible to escape, I wasn't close to give up. However, four words that were told to me wouldn't leave my thoughts and kept me from concentrating.

We are the same.

What the hell does that mean? I'm not a psychopath that is killing people just because of their blood. I'm not a pureblood so why would he think we're the same. I'm not one to judge based on the blood type but he is.

About 10 minutes later, I could feel my eyes lids and my head become heavy, that's when I realized that I didn't had a good night of sleep in a while, though, I didn't want to sleep. I was thinking how unfair it was for the others that are still locked up and couldn't sleep. I don't want any privileges if they don't get it too. So I was fighting the urge to fall asleep. I walked around the room to keep me awake. I walked like that for a good five minutes when I finally got an idea.

I'm sure I could find something to unlock the door. I was hoping for the door not to be locked with a spell or something because if it was, I was simply screwed. I looked everywhere in the room to find a small scissors that Riddle used to cut the bandage when he healed my hand. He just might have forget it. I didn't question it more and I started to attempt to open the big ass door.

Nothing worked, I worked on that door for like half an hour. I was starting to lose hope but then, I heard a little clicking sound for the door handle. Holy shit that actually worked. I thought it only worked in the movies but I somehow got to unlock it. When I tell you that I was proud. I call this: a small victory.

But you know without small victories, we wouldn't be able to get the big ones.

I immediately opened the door and looked to the right and the left to be sure there was no one. There was in fact no one. I sprinted in the long dark corridor, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for but anything would do at this point. My legs were sore but the adrenaline was keeping me high and focus.

Then, when I turned a corner, I heard voices. Voices that were too familiar. It was the little bitch ferret and his loyal acolyte Zabini. Fuck why was the world against me? Plus, they were coming my way, bloody hell. I was hiding in the corner with my back pressing against the wall and my eyes shut praying Merlin to them not to find me. It was almost impossible to not get caught, as soon as they would turn the corner, they'll see me.

I listen to their footsteps as they were coming closer, I could feel sweat dripping from my forehead. I couldn't run to the other way, it was too late, I could hear other death eaters coming from the other way. That's it that where I die.

"Look who we got here" a voice speak in front of me. I immediately opened my eyes and they met with the cold eyes of the blond bitch.

Zabini's eyes widened when he saw me, he almost looked sad that they found me. He didn't speak or show any emotion but I knew deep inside, he was forced into this.