Chapter 9.

»»————- ★ ————-««
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊🌙 *
┊┊
┊☆ °
🌙 *

That I never actually had you...

Time set: Attack Of The Clones

After a few more peacefull minutes of us talking Obi-Wan had joined us once more. Anakin filled us in that Padmé covered the camera's but programmed R2 to warn us about any attempt of murdur once again.

"She's not like the others in the Senate, Master Kenobi." I assured the now worried jedi.

"It's been my experience that Senators are only focused on pleasing those who fund their campaigns...and they are more than willing to forget the niceties of democracy to get those funds." Obi-Wan rambled obviously frustrated.

I wasn't exactly happy that Padmé covered the cameras but I understood her reason. It may be uncomfortable knowing that people are going to be watching you sleep. Though I had to admit that was pretty reckless of her, but that's Padmé after all.

"Not another lecture, Master. Not on the economics of politics..." Anakin groaned making me chuckle.

The three of us then decided to go back to the main room.

"...And besides, you're generalizing. The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt." The boy beside me continued.

"I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators." Obi-Wan stated.

"I don't really like him, he seems...fishy." I shrugged.

"I think he is a good man. My instincts are very positive about..." Anakin started but stopped mid sentence.

I also felt a shiver down my spine and we all looked at eachother.

"I sense it too." Obi-Wan nodded.

I grabbed onto my lightsaber and ran along the hallways with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Once the door to Padmé's room opened we saw two creatures crawling towards her. I ignited my weapon and sliced one of them while Anakin did the same with the other.

Within a second all I see is Obi-Wan jumping out the window to a droid. We all stared for a second before my mind even focused on what happened.

"Stay here!" Anakin exclaimed to Padmé.

"Did he just jump out the window?" I asked to myself while he dragged me along.

The two of us sprinted down the stairs to a line of speeders. The breeze caught my hair which flew straight into my face, much to my dismay. Anakin stopped for a second to look at the different speeders.

"Anakin, come on. Just pick one, it's not that hard." I mumbled.

He gave me a smile and rushed over to a yellow one. After the two of us jumped in he immediately took of making me hold onto the side in fear. Anakin sped through the trafic in a high speed which made me give out a few shrieks.