19 / Alpha

"I'm going to kill him." The Alpha King stated steadily as he took long strides towards the door. His beta rushed after him.

"Alpha Rian?" He had not failed to catch the stares the King had sent Rian's way but having not heard of any troubles between them he hadn't expected this kind of reaction. 

"Yes."

Zachariah rushed to try and keep the King from opening the door. "Wait." He was too late.

"No." The King's reply was short as he pulled the door open, storming out.

Sure enough, at the end of the hallway stood Alpha Rian. The King's blood curdled with one look at him. His sleeked back hair, his fancy shoes. The way he always wore a suit - even now, in the middle of the night. Even if he hadn't known his character, he would have hated him.

"What is the meaning of this?" The King addressed the guard that was poorly attempting to hold Rian back. He wouldn't give him the honor of addressing him...yet.

"He stormed up here, sire. Demanded to get through. Almost shifted and ripped us apart, so he did." The guard's voice was slightly shaky and the King couldn't blame him. From where he stood, Rian was on one side and the King on the other. Neither would hesitate to kill him and both probably would. 

"And does he know that it is the middle of the night?" The guard hesitated, looking over to Rian as if searching for an answer. 

A few moments of thickened silence passed before Rian boldly spoke. "I know she's up here." 

The King turned his gaze to the Alpha, keeping his face unreadable. "I don't believe I know what you are talking about." 

"The bitch? She's here. I don't know what she told you-"

Zachariah stepped forward. "Careful," he stated. "Do you forget who you speak to?" 

Rian pulled his eyes away from the King. The two had been engaged in a staring contest of sorts. He bowed his head, looking towards the beta. "Of course. My sincerest apologies. It's just that the omega-" 

His sympathetic voice had no affect on the King.  Whether or not he believed he was acting, he didn't care. He had already made his mind up about Rose and nothing this Alpha could say would persuade him otherwise. 

"Goodnight, Alpha Rian. Next time you storm to my floors in the middle of the night - waking me up, no less - I expect it to be for more than your little...obsession with catching this omega in some sort of trouble." 

With that, he turned on his heel and left. His heart began to pick up pace slightly and he had to get away before anyone saw any sign of weakness. He couldn't tell what had overcome him.

Once more, Zachariah was forced to run. As soon as he had himself under control, the King slowed his pace, allowing his beta to fall into step with him.

He turned to him and, under his breath said "We have to leave. Immediately."

Zachariah took a moment to compose himself, lest his response be stuttered. Eventually, he got out "Because of the curse." It was a question disguised as a statement.

The King faltered. "Yes." His beta didn't miss it and, had they not been back in the room, would have pressed him further. 

"Get a car ready." The King ordered him. "We leave now. The rest can follow us in a few days." 

Despite the fact that Zachariah disagreed with travelling without guards, he knew that the King would not be dissuaded and so, just nodded. "What about the rest of the meetings? Shall I stay?" 

The King shook his head. "If what Rose said is correct I will need you." His gaze fell across the room, landing on the boy that was sitting at Rose's bedside. He took long strides towards him.

Alex jumped up as soon as he realized the King was beside him. "Your Majesty," he said, bowing his head.

Zachariah watched as the Alpha King reached out, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. It took everything in Alex not to flinch away. This was the most feared man...ever. His demeanor was unexplainable to him. 

The King said nothing, watching the boy as if searching for something. Then, suddenly satisfied, he nodded. 

"Alex will take over."

Zachariah laughed - one short, sudden sound. But then he stopped himself. He had seen that searching stare before - when the King had looked at him. Before he made him Beta.

He had seen something in him. He had a funny way of being able to do just that. 

Alex stared at him, mouth agape. "I-I'm sorry?" 

The King just nodded, turning to Zachariah. "Catch him up. Quickly." Glancing back at the boy, he added "When you are finished here you will join me at the palace. Provided you are pleased with this new position." Alex croaked out an 'of course', not knowing exactly what he was agreeing to. 

As Zachariah led him over to the desk to begin filling him in, the King patted him on the back. "Remember that you are here in my place. Don't take their shit. They are nothing to you now."

Midnight Blueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें