i

1524 words

published 6/7/2021

tw: alcohol and death

karl pov | at his apartment

i wake up, the bright light of the sun shining through the blinds of my bedroom. I yawned and rolled over to my alarm clock.

9:57

i jump out of bed and run to my closet, grabbing an apron along my camera bag.

i run downstairs and grab a slice of bread from the bag and my keys, running out of the door

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

i run downstairs and grab a slice of bread from the bag and my keys, running out of the door. i was late for work.

when i arrive at my work, i rush in the backdoor of the bakery and grab my apron from the washroom. i throw it over my head and run to the kitchen.

"michelle! im here sorry for the wait!" my boss, michelle, just glares at me motioning for me to take over the cake pops as she walks to take her break.

after about thirty minutes of making the cake pops, i shove them into the oven and mix icing to put on top of them. i hear another worker run into the room and turn around.

"karl! hey can you take the register? my brother just got a concussion at his game, he is in the hospital." i nod and hug blake goodbye.

"alex, can you take the cake pops?" i look over at my friend and coworker. he just smiles and i walk to the register. after a few minutes of waiting, the bell rings signally another customer came into the store.

the man is wearing a lime green hoodie with a black smile printed on the front of it and has the hood on over his blonde hair.

"um.. hello?"

i snap out of my gaze and scratch the back of my neck. he was hot.

"heh.. sorry about that. what do you need?"

"youre fine. i am here to pick up a cake, cookies, and cake pops for my friends birthday. the cake should be chocolate with a red flame on top and the cake pops are red orange and yellow with vanilla batter."

i ring up his order and walk to the back of the kitchen and check the cake in the oven. i notice it is still rising and grab the boxes of cake pops and cookies. i walk back out to the register where the man is waiting.

"the cake is still in the oven but i have the cake pops and cookies that you ordered."

"shoot. can i pick it up later, maybe? my friends party is tomorrow."

"im not sure if it will be ready then.. i can bring it over to your house tomorrow? i wont charge any extra for it, i get out of work early." he doesnt answer so i assume he is debating his response.

"sure." he grabs a piece of paper from his pocket and grabs a pen from on the counter and writes down what i assume is his address. he hands me the note. "can you come around 10:00?"