ix

1198 words

published 6/21/2021

tw: none

cw: swearing, car crash

dream pov | at karls apartment

i woke up to the sound of pans scraping and talking in the distance. i rolled over on karls bed and stood up.

11:32

why did i sleep in so long? i walk downstairs and see nick talking to karl while he makes breakfast.

"morning guys." i was still half asleep and tired. i walked over to karl and hugged him from behind. "good morning yellow." he laughs and turns around hugging me.

"good morning, love. nick invited alex and i over for dinner tonight, are you okay with that?"

i nod and go over to sit on the couch.

"also my younger sister is going to be back from her friends house." i look at nick and nod. his younger sister, addison, is amazing. she is 14, same age as diana (drista). they are best friends with madi (xmadzx), who addison (itsaddison) was staying with for the weekend. all three of them are content creators. they mainly stream with tubbo and ranboo. they call themselves the a-team. which i guess is because they think they are the best i dont really know they are all special.

alex walks downstairs and sits on the counter grabbing pancakes from the stack karl just finished.

"alex. paws off."

"im not a dog, dumbass."

madi pov | at the dream team house

i go up to the front of the house and grab the key out of my pocket. i shove it in the keyhole and twist it hearing a lock from the other side of the door. i walk in the house and close the door behind me.

i go into the kitchen of the house and open the freezer. i scan it for ice cream before slamming it closed.

"addison! where did all the ice cream go?" i hear loud two loud footsteps coming down the stairs and see addi and diana.

"madi shut up. i dont know why the ice cream is gone ask clay." addi was practically screaming in my ear. i sigh and give her a hug.

"hi addi. hey diana." i hug diana after addison.

"by the way we have people over." diana motions to the living room. i look at her confused and turn around see five boys sitting at the table two of them with shocked expressions on their face.

"eheh.. hey there." i give them all a slight wave.

"hey madi. this is karl and alex." i look at nick and see him motioning to the two visiting boys. i smile and wave at them before turning back around to addi and diana.

"hey d, you know if there are any ice cream shops around here?" she looks at me with a dumb expression.

"madi.. you live two houses away." i think for a second and nod.

"good point, good point." she rolls her eyes and looks towards her brother.

"clay we are going to tidewater."

"okay, be back soon." we nod and run out of the house.

karl pov | at the dream team house

i watch as the three girls run out of the house.

"who are they?"

"oh. the one with short hair is my younger sister, addison. the one with longer hair is clays sister diana, but her nickname is d. and the one who barges in every day to raid the freezer, is madi." i nod and we go back to eating.

when we all finish eating i help george clean up the dishes and put them away. i walk into the living room to see alex already asleep on the couch. i sigh and look at clay.

"i am going to head home. do you guys mind alex crashing here?" i mainly look at nick and he decides to respond first.

"nope, not at all he can stay any time he wants to." i nod and walk to the exit. i reach to turn the handle but feel two arms wrap around me, making me turn around. there is a gentle and quick kiss on my lips and i see clay standing in front of me. red as a tomato.

"stay safe, yellow." i chuckle at the nickname he gave me.

"i will, love."

nick pov | at the dream team house

it has been a while since karl left the house and i decided to turn on the tv. i switch through the channels at a fast pace. one in particular catches my eye.

'danger: car crash on interstate 54 injured male taken to hospital'

i hear a gasp from my side, seeing alex awake.

"morning mi amor." i scan his face seeing he doesnt look happy.

"that car.. that is karls car." i hear a bang from the oposite side of the room. keys clattering and the slam of the front door.

i grab alexs hand and pull him out the door, with george following close behind. we all climb into my car and head to the nearest hospital.

clay pov | at the hospital

i run into the hospital, the lady at the front desk shocked by my sudden entrance.

"i need to know what room karl jacobs is in. he was the one on the reck on 54." the nurse slaps her finger on the page.

"room 352."

i thank her and run up the stairs and towards karls room. when i get there i see doctors running in and out. i stop one of them.

"miss, how is the patient i need to know." she shakes her head making me frown.

"we can only tell relatives." i pondered my thoughts.

"miss, i am his fiance, that is close enough i would think." she sighs and walks me to the door.

"you can just look. may not want to, but you can look." i smile and peer into the room from the doorway. i wish i never looked. i saw ivs in his hands and tubes around his face. i stepped back and hit the wall, sliding down it slowly.

"no. no. no. no. no!" i slammed my head into my hands and felt tears dropping from my eyes at a quick pace. "why cant our lives be normal.. please i need you. you are my yellow."

i felt an assuring hand on my shoulder and look up to see alex with tears in his eyes as well. i stand up and open my arms. in which he hugs me, both of us crying against the wall.

"i.. i dont want to lose him alex.. i love him." he sniffs and looks up at me.

"i know you dont want to.. and dont worry he loves you too!" i can see that he is pushing his happiness out to make me feel better, so i smile at him.

a few moments later a nurse walks out of the room.

"i have news on the patient." i walk over to the others and grab onto alex and nick feeling georges hand on my shoulder.

"well.. im here to inform you that karl jacobs.. is no longer with us."

——————

a/n thank you guys so much for 580 reads!!!

also sorry for the sad ending, but do not worry it will get better. i have an idea for the plot line - thanks tons to jack for helping me with it - and i am hoping it will work well for the story.

so if you think he is dead and everything is over.. its not.