v

1244 words

published 6/11/2021

tw: f slur, kissing

cw: swearing

karl pov | at the bakery

i look up from my seat next to clay to see a girl looking our age walking through the door. when she walks in i see clay tense and i put my hand on top of his, that was still resting on my thigh. he looks up at me and i smile at him. i look back up at the girl when she coughs sarcastically.

🔒🔒🔒

"uhm hey fag i ordered cookies and they arent here." i stare at her in shock and hear a scoff from alex's mouth. he steps up in front of the register and looks the girl in her eyes.

🔓🔓🔓

"hey hermosa." i grin knowing what he is going to do, but i look over at nick sitting on the booth next to the register. he didnt know what was happening. he probably thought his lover was just playing with him.

sapnap pov | at the bakery

i stare at alex in shock as he calls the girl 'beautiful'. i couldnt help but feel jealous. i saw the girl blushing as alex talked to her. he had a way with his words.

"are you blushing hermosa?" he lifted up her chin and i felt a tear in the corner of my eye, but before it fell, he slapped her across the face and walked towards me. "call my friends that slur again and i will make sure it hurts more."

"at least you arent gay." she mumbles and i could tell alex heard.

🔒🔒🔒

"if i wasnt gay would i be doing this?" the girl looked am alex as he sat down next to me and cupped my face in his hands. he leaned in and kissed me. is was soft and warm.

i broke the kiss and hugged him tightly in my chest lightly kissing his shoulder. the girl just stood there in shock. she then scoffs and walks to the door.

🔓🔓🔓

"i will make sure your manager hears about this." she opens the door and before she closed it i hear karl snap a remark.

"dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!" we heard the door slam and all started laughing.

karl pov | at the bakery

nick and alex went back to looking at their phones together as i talked to clay.

"why did you tense up when she came in?" i looked over at clay as i spoke. "do you know her from something?"

he looks hesitant, but eventually he gave in.

"she is my ex. we dated for five months before she cheated on me. i then later came out as gay and we got in a huge fight and she did this." he lifted up his shirt just enough to show a long scar down his side. i touched it gently with my finger, trailing it down the scar.

"thats horrible.. its okay though right?" he nods.

"yeah i have medicines for it if it ever breaks open but it is fine." i nod and stand up.

"hey we have a free batch of cookies that she left here.. who wants some?" nick and alex cheer from their booth and i laugh walking into the kitchen. i grab the cookies off of the pan and check the screen seeing that the final order for today is in two hours now. i walk out to the main area and place the cookies down on a plate.

"alex we have a cake in two." he nods and walks to the kitchen. i hear the pantry open and supplies being grabbed. i walk back in grabbing four glasses and filling them below the brim with milk. i walk back out and place them on the table next to the cookies.

"i have to help alex with the cake but we will be back out in a few." i walk back over to the kitchen hearing the two boys start talking.

sapnap pov | at the bakery

"i have work in two hours so i will probably leave after the customer picks up their food." clay looks up from his cookie and nods. "you like him, yeah?" clay coughs, my question surprising him while he was drinking milk.

"what?" i sigh. he was oblivious.

"you like karl. not as just a little friend you hang with." he takes a few seconds to think.

"i mean yeah.. i thought it was obvious?" i sigh and let my head fall into my hands shaking it side to side.

"clay, you are an idiot. if you like him tell him before he is gone. thats what i do with alex. but i dont tell him straight up. i call him mi amor. find something like that for karl." he goes back to thinking before his eyes widen. you could practically see a lightbulb in his mind.

"i got it! thanks nick!" i just shake my head again. he didnt know anything about love [and you do? actually you basically have a boyfriend.. imma just-]

when karl and alex came back out of the kitchen, clay and i had already eaten a fair share of the cookies. alex sat next to me and karl next to clay. i hear clay whisper in karls ear.

"hey pretty boy." i just look at him with a 'what the fuck are you tryna do take to a dog' type of look hoping he realizes that that was a stupid ass pick up line. he looks at me confused. "what?"

"that was so smooth, dude." i emphasize the 'so' hoping he would realize it was sarcasm.

karl on the other hand was a blushing mess, maybe he was just special and old school worked on him. i dunno and i dont care. i turn back to alex and greet him after he sat down.

"hi mi amor!" he grins and leans his head against my shoulder looking at me.

"hi mio!" i blush at the name. [btw mio is just mine in spanish]

karl pov | at the bakery

hours passed as we all sat there talking. somewhere in the chaos i ended up with my hand intertwined with clays and my head on his shoulder and my legs over his legs.

we would occasionally kick the lovers in front of us so that they would stop staring into 'each others so beautiful eyes'

the bell rang on the door again, signally that there was another customer. i stood up and wiped crumbs from the cookies off of my apron.

"hi! im karl how can i help you?" there was a older lady standing in the doorway, walking towards the counter.

"hey there. i am here to pick up a cake for my granddaughter." i nod and quickly run to the back as i hear alex start ringing in her order. i grab the cake from the fridge and gently place it into its box. i then walk out and hand the nice lady her cake.

"what is your granddaughters name?" she looks up and smiles.

"oh its.."

——————

a/n i am so mean fear me fear me now. uhm but yeeeeeeee idk what to write here i mean like..

get some water, eat some food, cry, touch grass

actually.. dont do that one, no dont do that one. grass is evil.

also if anyone was watching jacks lunch lady stream with ranboo you will get this.

"bonk"