xi

words

published

tw:

cw: karl angst

karl pov | gates of heaven

i woke up and instead of being greeted by a normal life again, i was greeted by the same toothy angel from earlier.

"why am i back here? i stopped myself from being killed." the angel nodded his head slowly and started pacing in front of me.

"well before i can send you back you have to do what all others have to do, watch them." i went to ask him about this 'watching them' but he continued before i could. "i can tell you are puzzled. basically.. every person who died at the wrong time is sent back in a duplicate universe to resolve their mistakes. if they are able to they come back here and are sent to their original universe as a ghost to look over the person who was hurt most by their death.

i wondered for a few seconds before i heard the angel speak again.

"well it is now your time to go, have a nice trip!" i nodded as the angel sent me back.

when i woke up i didnt awake from my normal bed in my apartment.. i woke up in clay's house. was he the one who missed me most? i thought again and realized i should start my 'watching them' as the angel had told me.

i walk out of the room i was in and down the stairs somewhat knowing the home that surrounded me. i eventually found myself in the living room with four other males laying on the couch, two cuddling, one watching television, and one laying against another while hugging a pillow. i recognized the two cuddling as alex and nick, george watching television, and clay with red, swollen eyes clearly from crying, laying against him.

i walk over and hesitantly sit next to clay on the couch. i could basically feel him shiver.

"did anyone else get cold?" he looked at the others and they all shook their heads 'no'. he nodded and went back to hugging his pillow.

"hey.. clay. should you tell everyone you are taking time off from streaming?" i looked to nick on my left as he says the words and back to clay, confused. i see him turn his head and nod, taking out his phone. he goes on what looks like twitter and sends out a tweet.

@dreamwastaken:
hey guys, sorry for not being active, someone i am close to has passed away and i am not feeling my best so i will be taking off some time. love you al and thanks for being patient

within seconds his phone was being spammed by likes and encouraging words. i decide to take my phone out at look up dreamwastaken.

as i do i find out that he has multimillion subscribers on youtube and rising. i check his socials and realize i wasnt dating an average guy. i was dating a famous streamer, like famous famous streamer.

i lay back down and reach to hug him, realizing i only go through him. he shivers again.

"are you telling me none of you feel that?" this time is was alexs turn to speak.

"what?" i see him shake his head and i back away. i didnt want him feeling different and weird.