vi

1384 words

published 6/15/2021

tw: none

cw: swearing

karl pov | at the bakery

"what is your granddaughters name, maam?"

"oh.. her name is aster. she is turning 24 today." i glance over to see clay and nick perched up on the booth. i force a smile and wave to the lady.

"i hope your niece loves it!" she waves back as she leads the store and i look over at my friends at the booth with a 'party wreckers' face. alex seemed to understand quickly.

"oh my god.. karl it has been so long since we wrecked a party!" nick and clay just sat there dumbfounded. I sighed and walked over to them.

"basically alex and i used to be party wreckers and we would bust into parties and well yeah." i smile innocently.

"shit.. i have to be at the bar in ten minutes. i gotta go." he pressed a kiss on alexs cheek and left with three more words. "bye mi amor!" i looked over at alex and gave him another expression. this time it was a 'lovers' type of face and he immediately turned red. i glanced over at clay who was texting someone.

"who are you texting?" he looks up with a sly grin.

"what are you jealous." i realize what he is doing and i sit down next to him looking resting my chin on his shoulder and looking up at him.

"oh yes my clay i am so very jealous of you texting.." i quickly look at his phone. "geor-" i couldnt finish before laughing. "you gonna tell him about the party we are about to wreck?" he shrugs.

"how do we even know where it is?" i sigh. he was not the sharpest knife in the set, but he was there.

"that is where i come in." i beamed  proudly. "three years of coding in high school and i developed an interest in hacking. i can look into her credit card info and find the address to aster's house. by the way, does anyone have her credit card info or do i need to get that on my own too?" i look at them both and they didnt reply. i let out a dramatic breath. "you guys are useless."

i walk to the back room and grab my laptop out of my bag. i walked back to the table and sat at my spot next to clay. alex then comes back from behind the register holding a book.

"she may have ordered from here before. i will check and see if we have her info." i nod and start up my laptop. i log in and quickly go to the search engine. i type in the code for a credit card website. i quickly press 'crt+shift+i' to take me to a inspection engine. from there i type in a few more commands and the screen opens to a password. 

dream pov | at the bakery

i watched in awe as karl hacked his way into the system. he was doing it so calmly. anyone could have walked in the door to see him coding away and he wouldnt care. what if someone walks in the door and sees him. what if it is a cop. or what if it is a person who

"clay?" i snap out of my thoughts seeing a hand being waved in front of my face.

"huh? oh yeah um whats up?" karl sighs and motions to alex. i look over and he is scanning a page.

"aster. what is her last name?" i think for a second before it clicked.

"davies.. aster davies." he nodded and slid a paper from the binder to karl. i looked at him (karl) and he had a wide grin on his face.

"gotcha." [what are we playing tag or something now] karl typed in a few more codes before taking a photo of an address and closing his laptop. a thought comes to my mind and i feel dumb.