Chapter 6

Chapter Title: Piece By Piece

∆~∆~∆

∆~∆~∆

∆~∆~∆

Kiyotaka PoV*

May 1 came and went, and before we knew it, the school week was over.

As usual, my behaved classmates are quiet, quietly listening to the classes, paying attention, in order not to lose some Class Points and causes them to be blamed.

Mikadou was also trying her best to not sleep during classes, her physique was becoming a bit paler, did she not get enough sleep? She looks pretty tired as the days go by.

As my classmates just wanted to gain that 100% acceptance rate to any university and workforce, they all behaved like the proper students

I was a little sleepy myself, but I kept myself awake, it was hard to stay awake just before lunchtime. Also, I’d stayed up late last night watching an
online video. Ah, sleep would feel so nice…

I shouldn't do it, Mikadou was trying her best not to, and here I am trying to purposely sleep.

I'll need to confront Mikadou about this, she seriously needs rest. She must be thinking about her father, in this case, thinking about whether if her father eventually got a hold of her and chased away her freedom and brings her back to her family.

I don't want to force her to tell me her problems, this was an invasion of privacy and morally wrong. But, I can be a support, at least emotionally.

Thinking of it that way, I'll just need to act as usual when I'm with Mikadou, till her mind stabilises and eventually ready to confront her problems and hopefully, she'll share it with me.

Seeing Mikadou, like that pains me, I thought to myself.

Since I was observing Mikadou in my seat, I noticed that she was using her pen to stab herself in the palm of her hand, causing it to bleed.

What the hell is she doing?

She gritted her teeth, and kept doing it as her eyelid grows heavier and heavier.

Is she doing this so she wouldn't be able to sleep?

I stood up, no questions asked.

This action of mine caused every single entity in the room, including Atsuhara-sensei and Mikadou to look at me.

"What's wrong Ayanokouji?" Atsuhara-sensei asked.

I didn't answer and just stood up, approaching Mikadou's seat which made her a bit surprised.

"Let's go to the infirmary." I said.

"What are you talking about Ayano-san? Also, it's the middle of the classes you'll cause us to lose some class points you know?" She replied, using some excuses, even though she knows it wouldn't work.

"If you won't then I'll have to force you." I said.

Every eyes were gathered at me and Mikadou, everyone was looking at me, gaze full of curiousity and a look that seems to be expecting something of me.

I looked at Kiriyama, her seatmate, he seemed to notice the situation as he himself was also perceptive, he's one of the few people who noticed that Mikadou was tired this past few days. He silently nodded at me to answer.

I glanced back at Mikadou and she still relented, her stubborn attitude was kind of pissing me off so I just lifted her up bridal style.

She let out a cute squeal because she didn't expect that I would lift her up.