~ Chapter - 5 ~

(About the picture - That's Kiara!)

- I L A R I A - 

"Aria, can you come to the restaurant near school?" Alex asked me as soon as I answered the call. 

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"Just come here fast. I want to show you something. It's really important." He said urgently and hung up without even waiting for my reply. I frowned but decided to go anyway. Alex never calls me unless it's something really important. I put on my shoes and went downstairs. 

"Where are you going?" Xavier asked.

"I'm going to meet a friend, I'll be home before 8." I told him. I walked out and saw a car parked before Lilian's home. A girl my age was standing there, she was gorgeous with her dark brown hair and green eyes. She soon went inside with an elder girl who looks like her sister. They must be the new family moving here. I hurried to the restaurant where Alex wanted to meet me. When I reached the restaurant, Alex signaled me to come with him and be quiet. I was confused but followed him. He led me near a table and we stood behind the wall. 

"What are you up to, Alex?" I whispered.

"See for yourself." He said pointing to the three girls sitting at the table in front of us. Their backs were facing me so I couldn't recognize them but soon one of them spoke up.

"It was amazing seeing her face." She laughed and that voice belonged to none other than Ava. The other two girls laughed along with her. Are they talking about me? I tried to listen to there conversation more clearly. 

"I hope she don't find out about you though. We still have a lot to do." The second girl said and I catched a glimpse of her face. It was Brittney. It's understandable since these two are bestfriends. I just want to know who the third girl is. 

"Don't worry she won't. That idiot trust me too much." A mocking voice said shocking me to the core. A voice I never thought I'll hear right now. Ella . I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I stumbled a little but Alex held me. 

"She'll pay for stealing my Daniel." Ava spoke through gritted teeth. Her Daniel? What is she talking about? 

"Who's Daniel?" Alex whisper-asked. 

"I have no idea." I replied quietly. I was too hurt and shocked. Why would Ella do this to me? She should have just told me if she didn't wanted to be my friend. What did she got after spreading my number? Few branded clothes or expensive jewelry? Was that enough for her to stoop that low? 

This is what you get by trusting someone? Pain? Betrayal?

"Hey, you okay?" Alex asked. I nodded and walked out of the restaurant. Alex followed me without a word. I was feeling a lot of mixed emotions. I was sad, angry, hurt but most of all I felt betrayed. 

"Why does this happen to me only? What have I done?" I asked more to myself than to him. 

"Because you trust people a little too blindly, Aria. People are not always the same as they seem. You have to understand it yourself." Alex said. As much as I didn't wanted to accept it but it was true. I have to take responsibility for my foolishness. I can't accept everyone to treat me nice and protect me just because I'm a fool.

"Look, I know I should say nice things to you right now but Kevin isn't here now and you have to face the truth. You have to stop being so naive, Aria. I'm saying this for your own good." He said calmly. 

"I know it's just ......... it's just so difficult." I said, a single tear sliding down my cheek. 

"I understand. But trust me Aria, you are much stronger than this." He said. We were walking on the sidewalk together because Alex won't let me go alone. 

"I can go by myself, you know. It's getting pretty late, you Mom would be worried." I told him. 

"Ah, it's okay. I'll explain it to her and my dear bestfriend will kill me if he got to know I let you go home this late all by yourself." He said dramatically. I chuckled, I was feeling grateful to him for being with him. He was trying his best to cheer me up and surprisingly it was working. We were joking and laughing all the way. We reached my home a little too early for my liking. 

"Don't overthink okay? I'll get going now." Alex said walking back. 

"Um Alex!" I called. He turned back and looked at me to continue.
 ( You got what I meant right ? 😅 ) 

"Thank you for today." I said smiling gratefully. 

"It's no big deal. You are embarrassing me." He said playfully. "Bye." He waved at me and went away. I smiled and opened the door only to meet a fuming Xavier yelling in my face.

"Where the hell have you been!" 

"You must learn who is gold and who is simply gold-plated." 
-Anonymous.

Hi Guys!

How are y'all doing?

Did you liked the chapter?
What are you thoughts on Alex?

Question of the chapter- Do you have any bestfriend?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💜