Chapter One

It's time... My due date and I am on my way to the hospital. I haven't forgotten what I said to Elvis and I hope he hasn't either. I sent him ultrasound pictures, it even says that he viewed them. He didn't even reply though. I tried to at least let him see his son but I guess he made his choice.
I finally arrived at the hospital these contractions are killing me.
"Just breathe baby" my mother cooed. "Everything's going to be alright, it's all okay"
You see my mother knows about the whole situation. She knows about the choice I have given Elvis and she supports me 100%. If he's not here then oh well. I don't need him to help me take care of my son.
"Mom it hurts so bad" I cried "I feel like I have to poop"
She chuckled "Baby that's what labor feels like"
We made it to my room and the doctors hooked me up to all of these machines.
"Do you want an epidermal miss..?" One of the nurses asked giving me a sweet smile.
"No thank you, I want to give birth naturally no dru- ahhhhh oh my goodness" I just had another contraction. Lord who knew how horrible labor would be.
"You're doctor is on his way right at this moment, he should be walking in, in two minutes dear hang on" another nurse said giving me a reassuring rub on my shoulder.
"I'll try" I said trying to force a smile to these nice women. The nurse walked out and walked back in quickly.
"Um there's someone out here saying that they're here for you" she said. My eyes widened, is it Elvis?! I thought as another contraction started.
"Send them in" my mother said for me. I laid back and watched the door. The nurse nodded her head then walk out. I knew not to get my hopes up because it could just be a family member. The first person came in and I couldn't believe my eyes... It was my dad, he literally disowned me when I broke the news to him. I felt tears spring in my eyes.
"Daddy? You're here"i sniffled.
"Hey baby girl, I wouldn't miss this for the world"
"I thought you'll never speak to me again, I'm so sorry I disgraced you, I-"
"Hush sweetie you're having a baby" he said and sat down as soon as Dr. Chang walked through the door.
"How's my favorite patient?" he asked trying to lighten up the mood.
"Can you please just- ow ow ow ow owww" I yelled.
"Yes yes let's just check your cervix" I laid back as he checked.
"You're 11cm" he said quickly. "get the nurses!!!" He yelled. "Cat sweetie get ready to push okay?"
"Holy shit!" I screamed as I felt the pressure.
"On three, One, Two, Three, Push!" I pushed as hard as I could as they counted to ten.
"Okay I see the head!"
"Oh my God!! It hurts" I cried.
"Cat you're gonna have to push again for me sweetie alright?" I nodded my head he counted to three again and I pushed again the pain was unbearable I felt the ring of fire my mother told me about. It was the worst pain I've ever felt.
"His head is out, now you need to push one more time can you do that for me?" He asked. I shook my head yes and push at three and felt relief when I heard the cries of my baby boy.
"My baby boy" I said tears streaming down my cheeks.
"What're you going to name him momma?"
"Eden Lucas Russo" I said as they handed him to me. I held my arms out and they sat him in my arms. I held him close as I cried. He was so beautiful. He looked just like his daddy. He had his dark brown hair and dark brown almond shaped eyes, and his lips. He looked up at me and smile just a little bit.
"It's too bad your daddy had to miss this" I whispered to him and kissed his head.