𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

"You said it was cold in France" Arabella complained to her twin brother, batting her hand to her face as she sweated in her large yellow gown, made for colder weather, as the two sat in their carriage along with their sister Sadie and brother Alexander, on their way to French court, "I'm boiling"

"I thought it was going to be colder, France is meant to be cold" Sirius said in defense, "when have you ever heard somebody talking of how lovely the weather is in France? You don't, they're always complaining on how horrid it is!"

"I don't know why you would listen to him Arabella, boys are idiots, especially the ones related to us" Sadie told her younger sister, making both boys scowl at her.

"Are we nearly there?" Alexander asked after a moment of silence, bored of only hearing complaints from his younger siblings the whole journey.

"We should be soon, I believe we're late already, we should have been there by mid-day" Sadie said to her brother, peering out of the window, "so I doubt we'll be much longer"

"I'm bored" Sirius complained, causing the three to groan, hearing the same words the all day.

"Then do something productive, we'll be there any minute now anyway" Arabella tells him.

"What? Productive like Sadie? Doing sewing?" The boy asked in distaste, before addressing his elder sister, "I thought you didn't like sewing"

"Of course I don't mean you should try sewing, your far too useless to be able to do that. And I said productive, not something you like"

"I'm not useless-" the boy started.

"I'm adding roses to the hemline so that it will be less bland and I think sewing can be enjoyable" Sadie told the boy, interrupting another argument, " it's Charlotte that dislikes sewing"

"Sadie that's incredibly boring" Alexander buts in, "we're here, by the way"

"Oh Thank god" Sirius said, "I can't wait to get to my room and sleep the rest of the
day"

"You will not be going straight to sleep" Sadie told the boy, "you will get ready for tonight"

"Sadie-" he started to plead, only to be cut off again.

"No Sirius, you cannot be late, if you go to sleep you'll never get up" Sadie told the boy.

"We need to get out, we're here" Arabella said from the outside of the carriage, having already stepped out of the carriage, catching the attention of the two bickering, being the only ones not out yet.

"Arabella" a voice calls, causing the girl to turn around to find Francis making his way towards her.

He made his way over from his family, who were stood ready to meet the royals,   along with Mary who was stood with her ladies to the left of them, walking over with a charming smile on his face.

"Well that was a far grander entrance than the Scottish one" Henry muttered to his wife, talking about the excessive amount of people, servants and luggage brought along with the family, causing the woman to smirk and walk forward and away from him.

"Francis" Arabella spoke with a smile.

"Your here" Francis replied, smiling back at the girl, "it's been so long"

"It has, hasn't it" the girl said softly, "I've missed you so much...and Mary of course, I haven't seen her in even longer"

"Yes...of course" the boy said, not wanting to talk of Mary, "where's your sister?" The boy asked, wanting to continue a conversation that wasn't about the scottish queen, even if it was about something meaningless.

"She's arriving with the Spanish party, with her husband and daughter" the girl answered leaving them to stare at each other for a moment before being interrupted.

"Arabella my dear" Catherine spoke with enthusiasm, taking the girl into a hug and drawing her attention from Francis and onto her.

"Your majesty" the girl said, now distracted by the queen, causing the blonde boy behind them to frown as Sirius smirks at him.

"Catherine" the woman said sternly, "I've told you before, call me Catherine"

"I'm sorry" the girl said with a smile.

"It's fine, come I'll show you to your-"

"Mother!" Francis interrupted suddenly and louder than he intended, "I was thinking I could show Arabella to her room..."

The woman smirked slightly, looking at her son before turning back to the blushing Arabella, and then finally turning to the queen of Scott's, who's eyebrows were furrowed slightly in annoyance from behind Francis, listening in on their conversation, "of course, you should get reacquainted with one another, it's been an age since you've seen one another"

"If that's ok with you, Arabella?" Francis asked, causing the girls head to dart to him and her blush to deepen, the Scottish queens eyebrows furrowing in frustration even more, not having received such an enthusiastic welcome from Francis.

"O-oh yes...of course" the girl said shyly, before scowling at her twin who was making faces at her from behind both the queen and prince of France.

The girl took the princes arm, and walked in to the castle with him, making Catherine smirk at the Scottish queen, who sighed in frustration and turned to her ladies.

I hate making Mary upset 😭 but she's not because she loves Francis or anything, and I wanna make that clear.

The romantic relationship Mary is gonna have is gonna be with bash and therefore Mary is not mad or upset with Arabella for loving Francis, she's happy for her as her cousin.

Therefore when she's mad like right now, it's due to the Jealousy that the twos relationship is better than hers and Francises because she's worried that, that will lead to Arabella and Francis getting married and her losing a crucial alliance she needs for her county.

So even though she isn't jealous because she doesn't love Francis, she is still jealous because she needs the resources and support that an alliance with France would provide whereas Arabella's country doesn't necessarily need it because they are at peace with England and have no proper enemies.

This doesn't mean her and Arabella are gonna hate each other or anything tho.

They will have a few arguments over it, mainly over the fact that Mary will be mad at Arabella for not giving up the chance of love (and ruining Mary's chance at an alliance that she crucially needs) which is something she's having to do to protect her country if that makes sense.

They will never stay mad at each other for long after these tho because they're cousins and friends and Mary still wants her cousin to have love which is something difficult to find or have when your royal.

Anyway that's all lol thank you for reading :))

Words: 1134