𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 | 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

Armin was now sitting in the passenger of Eren's old Volkswagen, nibbling at the warm blueberry muffin that rested in his hands.

He watched at the world outside the window quickly blurred, much like the slur of the thoughts racing through his head.

The car ride was quiet except for the purr of the air conditioner and the music playing on the radio.

"I can't believe they're still playing this song," Eren spoke suddenly, making Armin jump a little.

Armin whipped his head around to look at Eren inquisitively as the latter continued to look straight ahead as he drove, both hands firmly gripping the steering wheel.

Armin gulped the bit of muffin that was in his mouth, asking, "What, you don't like Shawn Mendes?"

"I don't hate him," Eren replied. "His music is just kinda...meh."

"'Meh'?"

"It's just plain old pop garbage."

"What do you listen to then?"

"Punk rock."

"Figures. Bet Blondie is your favorite band."

Eren glanced over at Armin, who was looking at him with a victorious smile.

"How'd you know?"

"I know you pretty well."

Eren put his arm around the back of Armin's chair, leaning in a bit as he backed up into the driveway of his house. With a smile, he said, "Yeah, I guess you do."

Armin felt a blush rise on his face at the suddenness of the gesture, hoping that Eren wouldn't say anything.

"Armin, why are you so red?," Eren giggled. "It is kind of hot in here...It's fine, we'll be cooler inside."

After Eren exited the car, Armin exhaled slowly, thanking his stars that Eren was clueless as ever. Armin pushed the door open to get out of the car, finding that Eren was inspecting the back of his car.

Armin walked up to him with a puzzled expression.

"Is something wrong with the car?"

Eren turned to him with a questioning look. "The car? Oh, the car is fine. I'm looking at my parking job. I still suck at parking backward."

Armin's breath hitched.

...He was holding the back of my chair to look out the back window properly.

That's common sense.

That's basic common sense.

I'm a helpless idiot.

I've never been like this.

Is it because of that stupid dream?

Eren poking Armin's arm snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, you're looking with that creepy dreamy look again."

Armin's face turned aghast at the realization Eren had said the exact words he whispered in his dream.

At Armin's expression, Eren began to laugh. 

"Gee, why do you-"

Eren continued to laugh, making Armin flush from embarrassment. When Eren finally calmed down, he wiped a tear that had formed in the corner of his right eye, clutching his stomach.

"Armin, I don't think I've ever seen you make a face like that before - even when we watched The Conjuring that one time. Did you see a ghost just now or something?"