𝓼𝓲𝔁 | 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭

Armin awoke from the dream with a start.

He jumped out of bed, slipping on the floor as he scrambled for pants, a clean top, and his sneakers.

He dashed down the stairs and out of the house, jumping onto his bike and riding into the night with only one thing on his mind:

Eren.

After about half an hour, Armin found himself at Eren's door, ringing the bell vigorously. Armin stopped after he heard heavy footsteps from the other side of the door, hearing the click of the lock and coming face-to-face with Eren.

"Nice outfit," Eren smirked.

Armin looked down at what he was wearing.

Black knee-high basketball shorts, a wrinkled orange t-shirt, and dark green sneakers.

Armin blushed, pulling down on his shorts before looking back up at Eren. "I came here in a rush."

Eren had his hair down, messy and frizzy around his shoulders. He wore a form-fitting white tank top, matched with dark grey sweatpants and black slippers.

"But what are you doing here? It's almost ten. And you came all the way here on your bike. Are you alright?"

Armin's fists clenched, and he looked right into Eren's eyes as he said, "We need to talk."

Eren visibly gripped the doorframe harder. "You sound like Mikasa."

Armin's eyes widened.

In his trance surrounding the dream - no, the memory - he just experienced, he had forgotten that Mikasa came to Eren's house earlier.

He then noticed the puffiness around Eren's eyes.

"I'm sorry," Armin apologized, placing his hand on top of Eren's own on the doorframe. "I can come back in the morning...You have enough on your plate right now."

"No!" Eren said quickly. "No, no, you're right...We should talk."

Eren moved aside, letting Armin inside his home.

They walked alongside each other as they made their way up the stairs, shoulders bumping into each other.

Was this a good idea? Armin thought.

I came here on a whim just because I needed to...see him?

I'm not thinking straight right now.

Maybe I really should have waited until the morning.

When the two arrived upstairs, they walked quietly to Eren's room. Eren flicked on the lights and the fan, opening the door fully for Armin.

It had been a while since Armin had been in Eren's room.

It had plain, cream-colored walls, a bed in the corner, and a simple desk that lay adjacent. His TV sat on a dresser, showing an old Korean gangster film.

As Armin walked in, he noticed an electric guitar in the corner of Eren's room.

"Eren, you never learned how to play that thing, did you?"

"Nah."

"Why?"

"I had stronger interests."

Armin laughed. "So what are you going to do with it?"

"I'm trying to find someone to buy it online before Saturday."

"Why Saturday?"

"Did you forget I'm leaving the country?"

Both Eren and Armin went silent.

Armin had forgotten.

No, more like we wanted it to be forgotten.

Eren cleared his throat. "You can, like, sit on my bed, you know."

Armin sat down carefully on Eren's bed, with Eren plopping down beside him shortly thereafter.

"I told Mikasa I loved her. We cried and kissed and cuddled. That's all."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Oh."

Eren was looking down at his knees, contemplating his next words.

"But you know that it's you I have feelings for, right, Armin?"

Eren sat up straight, turning to look at Armin. "I know you saw that vision, too."

The hairs stood up on the back of Armin's neck. "Were we...on a ledge? Of this tall mountain?"

Eren nodded slowly. "I- I saw it all earlier, today. When I touched your hand while we were on the floor. I...We didn't talk about her, but it's like this girl named Historia existed? Did you get that impression when you experienced this...dream, too?"

Armin nodded rapidly. "And a 'Jean'? 'Connie'? 'Sasha'? And, it felt like we were on a mission? Not at that moment, but a mission in general! To stop something, like, big, and scary!"

Eren snorted. "Wow, great vocabulary."

Armin punched Eren playfully on the arm, being met with Eren's laughter. After his laughter died down, Eren said, "And we kissed."

Armin turned away his head, bringing his fingers to his lips. "Yeah, that did happen. And we talked about Mikasa."

"Yeah, we did."

After a few moments of silence, Armin said, "I think it's real."

"What do you mean?"

"It feels more like a memory than some dream, right? Like they're memories of another you, and another me. Another us."

"Another us?"

"Yeah."

"Like...You think we got reincarnated?"

"Yes!"

"You're insane, Armin."

"This whole this is insane. What do you propose is the explanation, Eren?"

"I've heard of people in the same room having the same exact dream. My mom shared a room with all of her sisters when she was younger, and she said it would happen."

"You know it's not that."

Eren sighed. "I do know it's not that. But I also don't know if what we saw was...well, a reality of some sorts." He held onto both of Armin's hands, saying, "All I know is that it feels like...We were meant to be?"

Armin snorted, bursting out in laughter. "Eren, that was disgusting. 'We were meant to be'? You can believe in destiny but not reincarnation?"

"I believe in whatever benefits me at that moment."

Armin laughed again, bringing a smile to Eren's face.

"Can I kiss you?" Eren asked suddenly.

Armin's laughter stopped as he looked at Eren with wide eyes. After Armin nodded, Eren began to lean closer to him, still holding Armin's hands.

Just as Eren was about to kiss Armin, Armin whipped his face around, with Eren planting a kiss on his cheek.

Eren looked at Armin worriedly.

"Is this too much for you, Armin?"

He was met with silence.