𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 | 𝓸𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓼

Armin woke up the next morning to rays of sunlight peeking through the blinds of Eren's room. He rubbed his eyes groggily and looked to his side, finding that Eren wasn't there.

He sat up slowly and took in a sharp breath as the memories of the previous night came flooding back into his mind.

The reality of what he and Eren had done settled in.

Eren cheated on Mikasa.

With me!

She was giggling to him on one end of the phone while I was kissing him like he was mine on the other...

What kind of friend am I?

What kind of person am I?

Armin groaned and fell back onto the bed with a heavy sigh. He laid there for a while, feeling guilty and disgusted with himself, before swinging his legs off the edge of the bed and trudging out the room.

When he opened the door, he was met with the savory smell of bacon and eggs, mingled with the refreshing air of freshly picked fruits and the sweetness of waffles.

Armin sped down the stairs, quickly brushed his teeth, and lept into the kitchen excitedly.

He was greeted by the sight of Eren in the kitchen making breakfast, dressed in a basic grey hoodie and jeans.

When he heard Armin approaching, he turned around and smiled. "G'morning."

Armin smiled back and sat at the kitchen island. "Good morning. Is Zeke not home?"

"No, he had to go to work."

"I thought he didn't leave for work until around noon?"

"It's kinda past noon, Armin."

Armin looked at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was a quarter past one in the afternoon.

"Woah. You let me sleep that long?"

"You were tired."

"Why are you making breakfast?"

"Because I know you like breakfast."

Armin felt himself flush as Eren said, "All the food's almost done, but you can start eating now if you want."

"I can wait. I want to eat with you."

Eren giggled softly. "You're such a sap."

After finishing all the food and setting it on the kitchen island, Eren sat next to Armin as they began to put food on their plates.

"Say, Eren. You really like cooking. Why not culinary school? What made you wanna go into architecture?"

Eren took a bite out of his waffles, chewing it slowly.

After swallowing, he replied.

"Buildings are vessels for making dreams come true," he said simply.

"Really?" Armin asked, his mouth full of eggs. "Why is that?"

"Think about it. The hospital you were born in. The family-owned restaurants we walk into. The huge corporate buildings. Those were all built...Because someone had a dream."

Eren looked away from his plate and into Armin's eyes. "I wanna make dreams come true. And...Seeing the product of the building that I design? That makes my dreams come true, as well."

"And you say I'm a sap?"

"Shut it."

Armin laughed. "I didn't know you had that in you...Really, that's pretty thoughtful. I still have no idea what I want to major in."