𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮 | 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓽

The two sat in comfortable silence.

Eren had one hand on the steering wheel, humming while his other hand was entwined with Armin's.

"Hey, Armin?"

"Hmm?" Armin hummed in response.

"I'm starting to think that weird 'dream' we had...is real."

Eren's voice was calm, but Armin could see the pink hues on his cheek.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Armin asked.

"Because...the feelings I had in that dream...feels like the ones I'm having now. I don't know what the fuck was that memory, when it was from, but you're right...it feels real."

Armin smiled, then his eyebrows furrowed as he remembered something. "Eren...was there some sort of, break in your dream?"

"What do you mean?"

"While we were, ah, kissing, in the dream - or memory, whatever - I felt like the memory was being snatched away from me. Like it was being erased, if that makes sense."

Eren made a sharp turn, humming thoughtfully. "That...didn't happen to me, no. What did it feel like?"

"Like...like someone didn't want me to remember kissing you. Like they wanted me to think it never happened."

Eren looked at Armin worriedly. "Hey, there's no point in thinking of that. Let's just...focus on what's here, right now."

Eren stopped the car, announcing, "We're here!"

Armin hadn't even noticed where Eren had been driving.

After stepping out of the car, Armin let out a gasp.

They were on top of a hill, overlooking the city below them. The sun was setting low now, and the sky was a dazzling burst of salmon and gold, indigo and cherry.

Eren felt Armin by his side, and Armin wrapped his arms around Eren's torso.

"This is...really pretty," he whispered into Eren's chest.

Eren smiled down at him, holding Armin's face in his hands. "I'm glad you think so."

Eren tilted Armin's chin upwards, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on his forehead.

They sat down on the grass, looking out at the sunset while holding each other.

Armin glanced at Eren, seeing Eren looking back at him with a peaceful smile that made Armin's heart swell.

Destiny or chance - it didn't matter anymore.

He was there, sitting next to the boy he's loved for nearly as long as he's known him.

At this very moment, they were here.

Together.

"Eren..."

They leaned closer, closing their eyes and feeling the warmth of each other's breath.

Then Armin felt a vibration on his leg.

Eren and Armin moved away from each other, faces pink, as Eren pulled his phone out of his pocket.

He groaned upon reading who the call was from. "Mikasa always wants to call at the worst times."

Mikasa.

Eren stood up from the grass and gave Armin a sheepish smile. "Sorry. We haven't talked all day...I should answer her."

Armin frowned as Eren answered the call and walked away.

Looking out at the city, Armin thought back to the memory.