𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻 | 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻

Armin stared at him, dumbfounded.

"What the heck do you mean 'I don't want to', Eren?"

"The feeling this person gives me," Eren began. "It's...different than the feeling I get with Mikasa. It's...a really nice feeling."

Armin grabbed a paper towel roll and hit Eren on the top of his head with it.

"Ow- hey! What was that for?"

"What do you mean, 'It's different than the feeling I get with Mikasa'?! Eren, what the heck are you saying? Do you hear yourself?"

Eren rubbed the top of his head and stared up at Armin, who had jumped out of his chair in rage.

"Mikasa is like a sister to me," Armin began. "A sister. I wouldn't stand by and watch someone toy with my sister, even if it's you. No, especially if it's you. Get a grip, Eren!"

Eren's expression contorted from shocked to angry, his shoulders shaking slightly as he spoke through gritted teeth. "'Get a grip'? What do you think I've been trying to do for years, Armin?!"

Armin hit Eren on the top of his head a few more times, each hit punctuating a word.

"Stop. Hurting. Mikasa."

Armin tossed the paper towel roll to the side and grabbed Eren by the hem of his jacket. "Just do her a favor and break up with her, Eren. If you really loved her, there wouldn't be anyone else you'd have feelings for!"

Eren shoved Armin off of him, the force causing Eren to fall off the chair and land on his back.

Eren let out a groan as he sat up, rubbing his back.

"You're right", he grumbled. "I...I know I love Mikasa. But maybe I'm trying to convince myself I love her more than I do."

Still sitting on the floor, he brought his knees to his chest, covering his face with his hands as he let out a big sigh. "When I'm with Mikasa, I feel like my priority is to satisfy her. Not being her boyfriend. You know, smiling when I should, giving her kisses when I know she wants them the most. I feel like a servant."

Eren removed his hands from his face, looking at Armin with glossy eyes. "I've never had a person I've been more comfortable than you, Armin. You make me laugh and smile easily. You make me feel good to be me."

He looked up to the high ceiling, as if answers were held in the fragile crystals hanging from the grand silvery chandelier. "I mean, I guess it used to be like that with Mikasa too. But this relationship stuff got all in the way and-"

Eren groaned, frustrated, slamming his fist onto the floor. "I wish I fell for you instead," he whispered.

Armin stammered out, "What? What are you saying?"

Eren's neck snapped downwards, his eyes widening as they met Armin's shocked face.

"Sorry, sorry," Eren stammered. "I shouldn't have said something like that. God, I'm such an idiot."

Armin kneeled and joined Eren on the floor, sitting cross-legged next to him.

"Maybe you are," Armin signed. "Actually, you definitely are. But...I'll help in any way I can."

Armin flashed a smile at Eren.

"Mikasa deserves to get the love she deserves...And you should find happiness in the places you truly want to."

Eren smiled back, cautiously lifting his hand and brushing it along the side of Armin's face.

Armin felt heat rise in his cheeks from the sudden contact.