𝓽𝓮𝓷 | 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮

Armin was sitting at the edge of his bed wearing nothing but boxers and Eren's hoodie, a large, weighted blanket wrapped around him. He stared blankly at his phone while a tub of birthday cake ice cream sat on his lap.

After a few moments, he pressed some buttons to call the only person he felt he could talk to.

They picked up after three rings.

"Armin?"

"Hey, Annie...Did you wait to pick up the phone just now?"

"Nah, I'm just a busy person."

"Liar," Armin giggled, sniffing a little.

"Hey, are you crying, Armin? What's wrong?"

Armin sighed and shoved another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. Upon swallowing, he asked, "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"Good."

And so he told Annie everything.

Everything about Eren and Mikasa's fight.

Everything about Eren admitting to holding feelings for somebody other than Mikasa.

Everything about Armin being that somebody.

Everything about Eren cheating on Mikasa with Armin, and everything about Armin ending their short-lived fling at the top of that hill in the light of such a beautiful sunset.

But he left out the bits about the dream.

The memory.

That would always be a secret he kept between him and Eren.

When Armin finished talking, Annie let out a great sigh.

"Holy--That was a lot to take in. I expected that much from a whore like Eren, but you? Dude..."

Annie barked out a harsh laugh, making Armin wince as he continued eating his ice cream.

"Armin, that's...That's seriously fucked up. You fucked up. Big time."

Armin grumbled, "Tell me something I don't already know."

"Well tell me what you do know."

Armin took a deep breath before replying.

"I know that I'm a terrible friend. I'm a terrible person. What Eren and I did...is completely unjustifiable. I have no excuses-"

Armin's voice cracked.

He went quiet, shaking a little as he tried to hold back his tears.

When Armin stayed silent, Annie clucked her tongue.

"I think that last bit was a lie. About you not having any excuses."

"My only excuse is that I did it all because I love him!" Armin cried out, audible sobs escaping his mouth.

Annie groaned loudly from the other end of the phone.

"Sounds like a line from one of those stupid Saiouma one-shots we read together on the phone sometimes. Let's stop doing that and just go out to dinner or something next time, yeah? They're clearly having a bad influence on you."

As Armin continued shoving ice cream down his throat while he cried, Annie let out a low hum.

"You're way too good to be liking someone like Eren. Damn, he's lucky to have pulled someone like you. Honestly, you're too good for most people. You're seriously a dumbass."