Chapter 7

Lilian POV

The palace was cold, so cold I have to walk around in fur coats just to keep myself warm during these cold winter nights within The Vale.

It's been a week since we arrived here and left my father's home abruptly, Demonia was serious when he said I would never see or hear from my father again and that he would ruin his life. The last I had heard is that my father's business partners all dropped as soon as they all heard how he had spoken to the new King of The Vale, I don't know what happened with him or where he is and what he is currently doing, and I fear I may never know.

Although my mate is not King, not until... three hours time from now and in two hours time, we will be a married mated couple, we are going to be official for all of The Vale to see.

I have no say in any of this as Demonia had planned it all the moment we left my father's estate. I did not mind, I want to marry my mate, it has been my dream ever since I was a young girl to marry a prince and live a long happy life, with pups running around as we grow old together, forever in love.

So what if we skip the wedding I had always wanted? I have everything I need when it comes to Demonia. Although, I had not seen him all day, and when I do see him, we rarely speak to one another, but I do not blame or pressure him, I know becoming King is hard and stressful.

I only wish my mother could be alive today to see me now, in her wedding dress and getting ready to marry my true love and soulmate, Demonia Black.

I am beyond happy, I haven't been this happy since my mother was alive, and it's all thanks to Demonia for giving me everything I could ever dream of or want in life.

The Palace is still under construction in the west wing, the place is so huge I do not understand why Demonia wishes to make it bigger, I have not seen the design but I had overheard workers speak of hidden passages and dungeons, requested to be built by Demonia personally. 

He had not spoken a word about any passages, but it makes sense, he is Royalty and a Black, surely people have their say in matters of new rulers from another realm, but he is an heir to the throne here as he is in the Shadow Lands too.

Since his father, King Criso Black passed the throne, he had moved far away from the Shadow Lands and The Vale, many whispers he vanished overnight, the same day he passed the crown down to his son, my mate Demonia. 

It worries me, the whispers say Demonia had a rocky relationship with his father, some go as deep as saying once the crown is passed, his father would be executed because of how much he did not like his father.

I had no spoken to Demonia about these rumors. I fear he might think I am weak to listen to such gossip, I don't want to be one of those mates that listen to terrible things about their partner, I should trust him and I will.

So I choose to ignore the chatter of those jealous individuals. 

"All set my Lady." Anna, my personal maid says.

I lift my head up and look at myself in the mirror, and I am taken away by how beautiful the gold crown looks on me, with the veil my mother wore on her wedding day, everything is the exact same, my hair is tied up in a beautiful low platted chignon and the style makes my mark more visible to everyone who sees.

I move from the vanity chair and walk towards the large mirror on the opposite side of this spare bedroom I am getting ready for my wedding day and I stand in front of the mirror, trying not to stand on the beautiful gown that once belonged to my mother.

Tears threaten to leave my eyes as I stare at myself, I no longer look like a girl, who I see now in the mirror is a woman looking back at me and I only hope that my mother is proud of me and that she and the moon goddess watch over me on my special day.