Chapter 11

Demonia POV

"Burn it all down."

My eyes never falter from the sight in front of me as I watch as the brick walls fall and the flames rise, I feel a wave of pleasure as I watch the destruction in front of me set ablaze and the castle in front of me is torn down, brick by brick, destroying every bad memory from the day I was born.

The first act as King, this has always been top of my list, to burn it all down, this fucking... place, I was born here but it was never home, not for a very long time, to watch it crumble to the ground I feel reborn, knowing that no one will have to set eyes upon the ruins of horrors again.

May this be a warning to my father if he ever comes out of his hiding hole, I will burn it all down, every single thing that he has ever built will be destroyed by me, very hard reminder of the promises I made to him many years ago when he denied me the crown the first time.

I should feel something as I watch the flames rise and the smoke plague the sky, but I don't, I feel nothing for this place anymore, I came here to destroy Castle Black and now that it's done, I can leave.

But, I need to make one last stop to see an old friend.

Lycanthropes are guards of the Black family and the successful result of dark magic that dates back to the beginning of The Shadow Land real, ever since it first became to be, but now since there is no need for them, I have decided to pay a certain someone a little visit.

As much as I want to kill them, I have better use for them that will benefit me in the future and for years to come.

The pitmaster is known as Cade, the only pitmaster of Shadow Lands wants new entertainment and workers for the production of landscape within the Shadow Lands, and since he is asking above the asking price I decided on selling to him, knowing that he won't go easy on the disgusting creatures.

I tap the carriage ceiling with my cane, signaling the driver to move. As we begin to set off to our destination I can't help but let my thoughts wander to Lilian, every second away from her is pure hell.

The further I travel from her the more it feels like my chest is squeezing me tightly, being away from her for too long may actually cause serious damage to my health, physically I am craving her but mentally, she is all I think about.

I have instructed all my men to watch over her, if a single thing happens to her I will fucking kill them all, meaning if anyone looks at her differently and I catch wind of it, that is all it takes for me to snap, my crave to keep her safe and protected has been almost overbearing as I keep having thoughts of her in danger plague my mind, I grow paranoid thinking of ways of losing her that it becomes almost torture.

The thought of losing her drives me mad, utterly out of control with rage and despair.

I can never lose her, not now or never, I won't allow it.

The carriage stops and I peer outside the window to see we are here, opening the door I step down from the carriage and I see the Cade standing with a female Lycan as she is standing like a beast, he holds onto a thick chain that is wrapped around her neck, connected to a collar of my design.

I grin once I walk up to Cade to see him holding his hands out with joy. "You have made me the happiest man alive my King! Please follow me, let me show you around!"

I follow behind him as he drags the female Lycan along by the chain, I pay no attention and stare at the work in progress of the creation of the pit. "Wonderful progress, when will it be complete?"