Chapter 17

Demonia POV

I squint my eyes open and there's a bright light above me as I try to force my eyes open, everything feels different, stronger and vivid like everything is clearer, my senses are heightened and I can smell the people in the room, I can feel their... fear, longing and pain.

"Demonia!? Oh my god, call the priest!" I hear my mate's voice but I can't see her yet.

I can see shapes, something is wrong, I don't remember.. I fell, then I had the weirdest dream.

Someone touches me and I swat their hand away and growl at them in warning as I try to steady myself off whatever I am laying on, I hate this, I need to see, I need to have control, I don't know what is going on and that makes me..... angry.

"Please don't move, y-you hit your head when you fell.. wait until the doctor comes." Lilian tries to say but I shove past her shape as I stumble to the corner of the room where the large mirror stands.

I remember, it's all coming back to me, I... changed, shifted, but I was no wolf, I was something.. more, better, stronger, larger than any creature or wolf I have ever laid my eyes upon. I feel whatever it is inside of me, dragging its nail over my scalp, it makes my teeth rattle at the sensation, whatever is inside me has a mind of its own.

I can feel it, the hunger I once felt is alive and wanting to come out.

My sight starts to improve as I place both my hands on either side of the large mirror and stare at my reflection, in wait of what I try to control, I need to see it, I need to know for sure what I think is real, that she and the wish were real.

I sense Lilian, my mate behind me and I feel her emotions, she's scared. "You need to leave." I snarl out, not looking at her but focusing on my face.

"What?" She cries out frustrated. "Demonia you're scaring me! You died, I-I felt your heart stop, p-please sit and wait for the pr-"

"GET OUT!" I growl loudly out at her, no longer recognizing my own voice, it's much deeper, my growl made the room shake and made those inside the room with me and my mate scatter out of the room quickly.

Lilian stays, shaking in her spot, unmoving as she sobs quietly. 

I rest my head against the mirror. "Please, I-I don't want you to see this." I swallow hard.

My skin feels as if it's stretching, ripping apart as if someone or something is pulling me apart from the inside, my face begins to change as I watch myself, I don't hear Lilian's cries anymore as I watch myself transform into what I dreamed was true.

Large canine teeth now stare at me as my jaw stretches and grows in size, the pain is excruciating but it doesn't last long until another part of my body is on fire and breaking, bending like it has a mind of its own, I'm growing larger, wider, something is controlling me as I change into this... new me, but I don't feel pain, I don't feel anything other than.. need, the need to consume, feed, take and break to my will, feelings I know very well but now it feels as though it's a part of me, living and breathing inside of me.

A voice inside my head speaks to me, in a dripping deathly tone.

'De..moniaa, we ..are ..one.. now.. to..gether we ..rule..' The beast says slowly as if it has never spoken my tongue before.