Chapter 18

Lilian POV

50 years later

We are in our 14th year at war and ever since we have been in a great depression, nothing has been the same since our own people turned on us.

The Orion magic institute within The Shadow Lands that had been founded by Demonia's father Criso Markeen Black had closed their gates and experimented on their own people, bending their minds with wicket ideas and dreams of a world in their image.

They had wished to control everyone within all six realms, the portals had been closed for twenty years but many of Orion followers and sorcerers are still scattered throughout every realm, creating more of their.... creations of dark magic.

My people, who had families, people who loved and cared for them, they had a life with free will, no one had expected this to happen, Orion had bent and broken those they chose for the war until they didn't even resemble their own selves anymore, they simply gone, controlled and killed without mercy.

The realms are divided into six and since the war, we have been without hope for so many years and now we are short on food and supplies, the physical and mental toll of the war has affected us all, some more than others.

There has been so much death but that is all coming to an end, the ending of the war is closer more than ever.

"Mother?"

I snap out of my thoughts and turn to see my son and his mate, Locus, and Clara.

"Yes? Apologises, is something the matter?" I ask, closing the book in front of me.

I see the worry on both of their faces and I have a thought as to what they are worried about.

"It's father, I'm worried." Locus sighs. "He's having one of his... episodes and requests your presence, I fear for you mother." 

I smile weakly and nod my head, swallowing hard I move from my chair and stand up straight, dusting off my dress. "Do not worry, I will see your father." I pause. "He has a lot on his plate Locus, he and your brother are winning the war for us." I force out with a smile.

"Lilian, please.. do not go." Clara says weakly as she holds my hand in hers, her eyes sad.

I shake my head and rub her hand softly. "I'll see you all at dinner, please do not fret, I am not some weak feeble woman." I say softly, moving past both of them as they frown and nod their head wearily. 

I swallow down the sinking feeling in my gut as I walk towards Demonia's office, knowing that his episodes had been getting more and more frequent.

Holding onto my shaking hand I see my younger son Axel leave Demonia's office and a mark on his face, it's turning purple and blue, I walk faster towards him and he frowns when he sees me.

"Did he do this to you?" I examine his face and it looks new, Axel swats my hand away from him as he glares coldly towards me.

"Father is expecting you." That is all he says before he moves past me and walks down the hall.

My poor child has his father's temper, but he knows that it is not ok to resolve to violence when his emotions get too much, instead, I have him do breathing techniques with him since he was a child, to which they work, to a point.

Demonia had tried similar techniques, all had failed.

I take a deep breath and smooth over my dress, I raise my hand and knock on Demonia's office door.

The door swings open before I could knock a second time and there stands my mate, as handsome as the day I had met him, but the look in his eyes have changed, they're cold and without life, his form has shifted into a permanent state and I have not seen him shift back in months now.