Chapter Sixteen

Standing around the kitchen eating the sandwiches Forrest made, surrounded by my four guys, feels good.

"What happened with Mr. Tucker?"
Mason asks before taking a big bite.

"I, well, I told him to forget me, and he did; I don't know how but I was angry. I think my powers are amplified when I'm emotional."

"I know they are," Forrest snorts.

Looking over at him, I raise my eyebrow.

"What? The first time I made you mad, you knocked me out. I didn't get how you did it before, but it makes sense now."

"oh right, I forgot about that,"
I say, looking down; I wonder how many other times I hurt someone without meaning to.

Forrest reaches over and lifts my chin and brings my eyes to his,
"it's good, so stop," he commands.

Nodding, I let it go for now, and he releases my chin.
I feel lingering sparks where he touched me, and it makes me smile.

"So Eli wants us to stay here, for now, so we should probably get your stuff and bring it here," Asher says.

Right, I forgot about that.

"Yeah, we should probably go get my stuff. Is there somewhere I can sleep?"

The last time I stayed here overnight, I slept in Forrest's bed; looking over at him, he is smirking and probably recalling the same thing.
Feeling a blush crawling on my skin, I look back at Asher.

"There is an extra room you can stay in upstairs."

"Are you serious?" I ask, looking at Forrest, who shrugs.

"What? I won't apologize for sleeping with you in my bed."
He says, smiling now.

I shake my head, "when can we go get my stuff?"

"Whenever you're ready," Asher replies.

I nod and take the last bite of my sandwich; gathering up the dishes from the table, I walk over to the sink and quickly rinse them.

Turning back, I say, "ready."

We make our way out of the kitchen and out to the truck.
Then, getting in, we drive the distance to my apartment.
As we pull up, I see a car parked beside the entrance that I really didn't want to deal with right now.

"Who is that?" Asher asks, staring at the car, "it looks familiar."

"It's Spencer," I say, cringing.

Forrest's expression turns murderous in a flash.

"Let me deal with him, okay? I know you don't trust him, but he is my friend and I trust him so let me talk to him." I say, staring out the window at Spencer.

Surprisingly Caleb grits out, "fine" beside me; he is usually easygoing, so I don't know why he is so intense all of a sudden.
Spencer isn't that bad.

We park, and I roll my eyes and jump out before any of them can and walk over to Spencer's car.
I knock on the window, and he jumps and opens the door.

"Sara, where were you?" he says, pulling me into a hug.

I hear the door open and slam behind me, and I know I have to take care of this before one of them comes over here.

I pull away as he continues, "Kendra had an accident at the party, and then I couldn't find you. It was chaos. Everyone was running and trying to get out of there. Where were you? I was worried."
His eyes flick behind me, and he stiffens, "oh, I see."

"Look, Spencer, I'm sorry I should have called, but I ran into them at the party, and we were talking, and they offered to take me home. I'm okay though, so I'll see you at school, okay?"

"Right. They ignore you for a week, but you just go back with them."

"What?"

"I don't trust them; I'm just trying to look out for you."

"She doesn't need you to look out for her," Forrest says behind me as apparently, he has moved closer.
Cursing under my breath I try to reign in the growing irritation I feel swelling inside of me.

"Forrest, stop," I say, still looking at Spencer,
"I trust them, and I'm okay, so just go, and I'll talk to you later. Thank you for checking on me."

Spencer just grunts and turns to get back in his car but then stops and turns back around and looks at Forrest.

"Fuck" I whisper because I feel the tension mounting in the air.

"You hurt her, and I'll hurt you," Spencer glares.

"What was that?" Forrest laughs as the rest of the guys walk up behind him, noticing the tension too.

"She isn't your fucking concern, so get lost," Forrest growls, walking closer.

"She is my friend, so she is my concern, asshole," Spencer yells back, coming closer.

I'm standing in the middle of them debating what to do when Spencer reaches forward and touches Forrest over my shoulder and whispers pain.

Forrest grunts but doesn't double over.

"Fuck no" Mason growls and shoots a ball of energy out at him that slams into Spencer, throwing him into his car, leaving a huge dent.

Asher comes up and puts his hand on Forrests shoulder checking if he is okay, after he sees that Forrest is not hurt he turns towards Spencer glaring. I've never seen the four of them so mad.

Spencer slumps to the ground but slowly rises to his feet, shakily leaning on his car.

"Okay, let's fight then," Spencer snarls, wiping blood from the back of his head.

"Lets." Caleb smiles eerily, stepping forward and a huge flame ignites from his hand.

"Enough," I yell with so much force some of the bulbs from the parking lot lights burst.

"Spencer, get in your car and leave and never try to hurt any of these guys again, or I will hurt you," I grit out trying to remain calm.

After Spencer begrudgingly gets in his car and drives off glaring the whole time, I turn to the four of them and wave my hands in the air, exasperated.

"I said I had this; why did you have to come over here trying to start a fight."

All of a sudden, I'm being pushed up against a car parked in front of us and Forrest is holding my shoulders and looking murderous,
"you make me crazy, Sara, I will share you with my brothers but with no one else.
We will always stand up for you and have your back.
Get. Fucking. Used. To. It."
Releasing me, he angrily walks away towards my apartment building.

I just stand there shocked for a second before looking towards the rest of the guys.
Caleb gives a small smile before coming over and pulling my hand towards my apartment.

No one says anything while I run around my apartment and gather my things.
While they take my clothes and bedding to the truck, I reach under my bed and get the duffel bag with the money and the book.
Debating for a second whether I should bring it, I decide to leave it and come back for it later; I wouldn't want anyone seeing it before I'm ready to explain.