Chapter Three

Waking up I felt more refreshed then I have in weeks, well sleeping on a decent bed will do that.

I rub my eyes as I sit up and glance at the alarm clock I bought last night, which I forgot to plug in.

"great, no idea if I'm late for my first day of school," I say to myself as I get up and walk to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

Thirty minutes later I am showered and dressed filing out the door.
If I'm being honest I wasn't too worried about being late. What were they going to do about it call my parents?
I jerked to a stop as I was going down the stairs.

"Did I just make a joke about my parents, geez I'm losing it," I said to myself.
"too soon" shaking my head I continue down the stairs.

The drive to the school was short, about ten minutes.
I drove into the parking lot which was full so it took a bit to find a parking spot, looks like I was late.
I quickly jumped out and locked my vehicle as I sped walked to the stairs and into the school.

The hallway was surprisingly full so that meant class hadn't started yet.
Spotting the office I ducked and weaved around people, trying to get there with the least amount of interaction as possible.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks, as I felt a tingly feeling crawl up my spine into my arms.
I squeezed my hands into fists over and over again as I turned around. A sense of awareness came over me as I made eye content with the boy I ran into yesterday.

He was still extremely, unfairly good looking. I felt a connection form between us as we stared into each other's eyes, like cords being woven together pulling us towards each other.

All too soon someone bumped into me mumbling apologies and the connection was broken.
I shook my head trying to clear the fog.

"what is happening"? I whispered turning back around looking for him but he was gone.

"Okay..." I made my way into the office and announced my presence to the office attendant.

After almost an hour of getting all my paperwork settled and making oh so many excuses that I didn't think of concerning the absence of a guardian, which they seemed to not really question weirdly, I finally left the office with my locker combination and class schedule.

When I made it back to the hallway it was cleared, now I know I'm late for class.
Sighing I found my way to my locker and tried to unlock it. I tried several times to get it to work but to no avail.

"Awesome" I mumbled and hit my forehead on the locker with a thud.

Instantly I snapped my head back up as the same sense of awareness filled me but so much stronger.
I twirled around, my breathing sped up and my heart raced as I took in the four guys standing behind me.

Lined up side by side stood the four most beautiful men on the planet, they looked like they could take on an army like seriously what teenage boys are built like that.

All at once they grabbed each other's palms, as wind rushed through the hallways, my breath caught as I met their eyes which were glowing bright orange like a flame.

When all four of their palms were connected, at once, I felt a power surge through me like nothing I ever felt before.
A burning started growing in my chest, I grabbed at my chest and took off running out of the school and down the road ripping off my jacket.

"ughhh what the fuck" I screamed as the burning intensified. I doubled over trying to get it to stop.

I faintly registered the boys running towards me.

"Just calm down and take a deep breath it will be over soon" I heard a voice say from beside me.

"calm down?? It feels like I have a fire in my chest and you want me to calm down?!" I screamed as the pain just got worse.

"good job Mason" one of the other boys muttered.

Before I registered what was happening two of the boys took my hands and connected our palms. As the other two boys connected their palms creating a line of all five of us.

The pain intensified and then gathered in the center of my chest as I screamed, I snapped my head up seeing my reflection in a car window and noticed my eyes were glowing bright orange.

All at once, orange, blue, and red energy shot out of me all around until it dissipated.
Car windows shattered and alarms went off, the ground looked scorched like a bomb exploded.
Trees and grass surrounding us looked burnt to a crisp.

I took deep breaths as I stood up straight and released my hand from their grasp.

I felt weird but good, a strange sort of power pulsed through my veins.

"what just happened?" I whispered as I turned around to address the boys.

"damn! I knew it! When you said you found her I just knew and all yall were doubting" the boy with blonde hair and gorgeous hazel eyes yelled.

"We weren't doubting, we just had to make sure" the one I ran into yesterday replied glaring at blonde boy.

"did you feel that all that power I mean look at all this shit. Fuck man" the boy with the short curling brown hair and blue eyes said while turning in a circle with his arms raised.

Sighing I said "guys..."

"We are complete now, we finally have the power to stop Blayde," the blonde boys said in awe.

"don't get cocky, we still dont know anything about her power and she will need training. We need to go to Eli" the boy with black hair and brown eyes replied,

"hey assholes!" I yelled fed up. They all whipped there heads around.

"whats going on? What happened to me? why were our eyes glowing? Who are you all?" I asked all at once.

"whoa slow down there, first we need to get out of here," the blonde boy said amused.

Looking around I shake my head
"no, no, no. You need to tell me what the fuck just happened." I yell.

Backing up I mumble, "I'm losing my mind"

"Look just calm down, the best course of action is to get out of here. Look around, it's not safe, we could be seen. We will answer your questions if you come with us okay?" The guy with the short brown hair says with his hands up in a placating gesture.

Looking around I agree, "you are right, it looks like a bomb went off."

"Yup! It was you little firecracker, boom!" the blonde one says making a blowing up sign with his hands.

"Me?" I repeat.

"You", he grins.

I follow them out of the parking lot and down the street.
They are complete strangers but for the first time in my life I feel like I could belong. Weirdly I feel a real connection with them that I dont really understand.
So I follow them knowing I should be scared but feeling completely safe and at ease for the first time since I got here.