Chapter Twenty-four

Mason

We all get up from the floor in shock. How did she just teleport us?

"Doc, I'm not sure how but we are back at the house," Asher says into his earpiece from beside me.

"She teleported us or something" he adds after Eli must have said something, "yeah I'm not sure."

I look to my brothers, who look just as upset and confused as I feel. We just got her back, and now we lost her again. I have never felt as helpless as I do at this moment.

"Eli and Ella are headed back here," Asher says.

My earpiece got blown out of my head when Sara attacked us.

"Sara attacked us," I repeat out loud in disbelief.

"She wasn't herself" Forrest shakes his head.

"She saved us," Asher adds.

"Fuck, and now who knows where she is" Caleb exclaims and kicks the table.

I have never seen him this worried before. All of us are at a loss after today's events.

"What do we do now?" I ask, sitting down on the sofa with my head in my hands.

"We find her," Forrest says.

"I don't feel her," Asher whispers, wiping a hand over his face, "she probably blocked us out so Blayde couldn't reach us."

"This doesn't make sense. Why teleport us here. Why not come with us?" Caleb asks.

"I don't know. She wanted us safe. All she said was I love you." Forrest sighs.

"That wasn't all she said," Asher adds, and we all look at him, "I saw an image in my head right before we landed here."

We all sit forward, "what image?" I ask urgently

"I don't know it was a bag like a black duffel bag of some sort," he says unsure.

It dawns on me," I know that bag," I exclaim, jumping up and running up the stairs with my brothers hot on my trail.

"I saw her bringing it in when she moved here. I thought it was just personal stuff," I say, opening her door and scanning her room. Half her stuff is still in boxes, and I don't see the bag.

We all break off and search the room urgently until Asher calls, "got it"

He brings it over from the back of the closet and sets it on the bed, slowly he unzips it and reveals a big book on top of a shit load of money and a few passports.

I take the book out and look at the etched gold flames that run over it. Flipping it to the front I see "the flame" etched into the cover.

I look up at my brothers, who gather around to look at it, "what is this?"

"I don't know, but Sara must think it's important," Asher says.

"I know that book," I hear from behind us. I turn and see Eli standing in the doorway. He walks forward and looks at it, then to the items in the bag on the bed.

He pulls out the passports and opens them, "this must have been emergency passports for Daniel and Emily."

"Who?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"They were the brave couple that hid Sara from Blayde" he fondly looks at them for a moment and then puts them back in the bag and turns to the book.

"That book was a prophecy written long ago by a man who was said to be able to see the future. He recorded history of the specials for centuries, the history that would never make it into any ordinary books."