CHAPTER 32

BLAINE'S POV

"Millie. Jesus." The axe fell from my hands and into Nathan's. She walked over to me and I took her into my arms like it was second nature. Never have I ever built a puzzle, but this is just the perfect fit I swear it. I took her behind her neck, my hand tangling into her hair. Her hair was a absolute fucking mess. It was coated with all sorts of shit, but that just didn't mattered at the moment. She was perfect. And alive.

"Hi." She muffled into my chest. I took her by arms length and investigated the damage that was done to her. Now, taking a second look at her, she looked like shit, but I'll never tell her that. Scanning her over my blood began to boil all over again. The bliss and relieve that I have felt was short fucking lived when I saw how bruised and full of blood she was. I wanted to say broken, but to be honest, she looked anything but broken. Something was just different about her. But I guess that's what trauma will do to a normal person.

"You motherfucker." By the time the words have left my mouth, Andrew held my gaze from the floor, still have not gotten up. Furious, I turned away from my woman and on the way to go finish what should have been finished already. My strides were long, but limping. Nevertheless, I was still on a fucking mission. Grabbing at the axe in Nathan's hands, he jerked away from me, grabbing me by the shoulder. He winced as he did that. His shoulder. I looked at him with a murderous glare, just as Millie came from behind me and wrapping her arms around my torso, holding me back.

"It wasn't him!" She quickly blurted out. "Well, not all of it." She finished, gripping me tighter. I wanted to just shove her away and just end that fucker already, but instead I just placed my one hand on her arms around my body, and the other hand reached behind me, on the small of her back.

"Are we calm?" Nathan asked, looking directly at me. His eyes were piercing. Without replying to his question, rhetorical or not, he just took my silence as a yes and then proceeded to extend his right hand out to Andrew. Andrew very hesitantly took hold of Nathan's hand and Nate pulled him to his feet. For a moment they both just stood in that position, their hands clasp together, eyeing each other down. There was a silence that lingered throughout us. And for a moment, just for a fraction of a split fucking second moment, it almost felt peaceful.

That moment was broken when Nathan slapped the handle of the knife in Andrew's shoulder, making Andrew shout out a profanity, shoving Nathan away from him. He bend over forward, grabbing onto his shoulder again and continued to be the little bitch that he is.

"Now we're fucking even. Slut." Nathan spat out.

I was glad to see that we were all still standing. Well, only the three of us. Andrew standing was still a problem. Letting go of Millie, I limped over to where my gun was and picked it up. Cocking it, I aimed it at Andrew's head, about to fire. Nathan sprinted over to me and pushed my hand into the air, the bullet creating another hole in the roof of this place.

"Jesus. Can you just stop for one motherfucking second you fucking psychopath?" Nathan shouted in my face. He stepped back, clenching his teeth and grabbing onto his shoulder. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, no doubt trying to hide his irritability at this point.

"I want to hear what he has to say, Blaine. And for one, I think that you need to fucking hear it too. So for the love of God, just fucking stop and listen."

"Oh, what? That he is 'family'? Don't tell me that you are actually buying that shit, Nathan. You know that the only family we have is us." Nathan was getting on my last fucking nerve. Just like he is, I too am tired.

"Look, just shut the fuck up! Hear what he has to say about the situation. If he is spinning some shit, than by all means, kill him. Light his ass on fire for all I care. But until I have not heard what he is on about, you're not doing anything." Nathan spat at me. "Aren't you just a least bit curious about it? That we might still have someone out there that carries the same blood as us? Black blood?"