CHAPTER 9

BLAINE'S POV...

I rolled over on my left side just as my alarm went off. 3 A.M...

With a sigh I sat up in my bed , throwing my grey comforters to the side and stood up. Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand I went to my doors and pulled them open to go wake up Nathan. As I walked down the hall a shiver went up my spine from the cold that kissed my skin.

I stopped in front of Nathan's room and lifted my hand to knock when I remembered that he didn't have a door anymore because I threw him through it. I was so pissed at him yesterday that I couldn't keep my shit together. Just thinking back about yesterday makes my blood boil from the pit of my stomach.

I walked into his room over to his bed and turned on the lamp on the bedside table. The room lit up with a soft glow and I looked down at my brother. My baby brother. He looked so peaceful when he slept and even today that we are both grown men I don't like waking him. I don't like waking him because it was the only time he truly was peaceful. I hate people. All people except Nathan.

Nathan was my only pride and joy. He was the only person in this world that I give a shit about because I was the one that raised him. I may seem hard and heartless to everybody with a true heartbeat , but with Nathan I'm completely different. Nathan was my only weak spot and I will kill anything that could harm him in anyway. I will bend over backwards for my baby brother.

After a couple of seconds of just watching my brother at ease I decided to wake him up.

" Nate , wake up. We have to get ready for the job." I said slightly shaking his shoulder.

Nathan groaned and rolled onto his back , throwing his left arm over his eyes. He always did that when we were kids.

"Come on buddy , get up." I chuckled and took his arms from his eyes.

With a sigh Nathan opened one eye and looked up at me. The sleep was still clear in his eyes and he didn't look ready to get up yet. Some things never change.

I patted his leg and he shifted a bit so that I could sit down on his bed beside him. I sat down and looked at him with a smile on my face. He made me happy.

"B?" Nathan asked with a gruff voice from the slumber I just took him out of.

" Yeah Nate?" I replied , looking at my baby bro.

"I'm sorry for what I did yesterday. I didn't mean to ,  it just happened. I don't want you to be mad at my anymore. I will pay for the door and both holes in the walls and I will clean everything up." Nathan apologized with sorrow in his eyes. I hated seeing him this way. He was always the happy one between us , even when we were kids. And knowing that only made it harder to see him this way. I could see that he didn't rest much last night because he felt guilty. Seeing him like this made my heart soften even more , if it even was possible considering that it was my brother.

I reached over and ruffled his hair with my hand , smiling down at him.

"Hey , forget about it." I told him in my kindest voice that I could master.

He stared at my from his spot on the bed , and I could see that his eyes were starting to get teary. Nathan never cried so when I saw that my heart sank. I reached my hand out and gently grabbed him at the back of his neck , making him get up into a sitting position next to me. He kept his head low to block my view from his eyes.

"Nate ... " I whispered , " Nate look at me." I pleaded with him , but he still didn't look up at me.

"Nate , come on buddy. Look at me...please." I tried again. I waited for a few more seconds when he finally lifted his gaze from the bed to look up at me.