chapter vii. drowning-1

✣✣✣

chapter vii. drowning-1

✣✣✣

Have I gotten this all wrong?

Seokjin cannot shake the feeling that he may have gone over his head.

As a father, the only thing that Seokjin has ever wanted was to provide a good life for his daughter. All he ever wanted was to be able to do the best that he could to make sure that his little girl would continue to enjoy her childhood, especially for a child who had been much too young to understand grief the way adults could.

He has kept his chin up and stayed strong for the sake of keeping Soojin happy and teaching her how to be strong, hiding his own wounds while making sure that life will continue the way it should for her to grow up like any other child her age.

He has followed all the steps he had learned as a newly single father, took in everyone's suggestions and did everything to the T. For everything that he has done, for every choice that he has made, he always made sure that Soojin would always come first.

The first decision that he has ever made for his own benefit was to start a relationship with a younger woman like Minnie.

He had first thought that maybe he was ready for it, to give another chance for his heart to beat for another person. As a normal, young, and healthy man, he also has his own needs. Even if the love that he has for his late wife has yet to fade, he cannot deny how much he has missed the feeling of being wanted, to once again experience the feeling of wanting to be with someone so strongly and to feel something as deep as what he had shared with Sua when they first got together.

When he had first introduced Minnie to his daughter, he kept telling himself that he was simply doing so to give Soojin a chance to open up and learn how to welcome someone new into their lives. He has witnessed how remarkable Soojin has been doing in letting you in, that he felt like he could share this part of his life with her.

He enjoys evolving together with his daughter, to learn all the ropes of being a single father who has fully been involved in his child's life and development, and it has been amazing how including her in every aspect of his life had done for them both and how much it had helped them to bond.

And yet why does he keep on feeling as if he is drowning?

Why does he keep feeling as if there is a part of him that is slowly slipping right out of his grip and that he is going in an entirely wrong direction?