chapter x. sweet melody-2

Warning | involves grief, graphic depiction of tragedy/trauma, graphic depiction of a car accident scene, character death

✣✣✣

chapter x. sweet melody-2

✣✣✣

Looking back, you would sometimes compare your life to the stories that you have read from those romance novels that you have loved so much when you were younger.

You were sixteen when you began to harbour a crush on your brother's best friend. Both of them had been inseparable since junior high, especially after they both entered the basketball team together, and Aron had always spent a lot of time at your house to allow you to ogle at him at every chance you got.

At first, you had known that it would be impossible for him to reciprocate the feeling that you had for him, and yet you did nothing to stop it when the feeling had developed at some point when you kept on seeing him around. Still, you didn't think much of it when Aron started spending more time at your house, sometimes stealing his chances to slip away from your brother to be able to see you even if all he did was to tease and joke around with you like an older brother would.

It wasn't until you were eighteen years old when Aron finally admitted his feelings, followed by kissing you in the hallway right outside of your bedroom—all while cursing the fact that he had failed to become your first kiss—before he finally asked you properly out on a date.

Dating your brother's best friend had been both amazing and thrilling, especially when you have an overprotective older brother who had sworn not to let any of his friends come too close to you.

Aron would come to the house using your brother as his excuse, only to secretly find you whenever Minhyun wasn't looking. Things had started to become a bit easier when you started college and left the house, with no more sneaking out of the house whenever Minhyun wasn't around so you could go on a date with your sweet boyfriend. After a lot of stolen moments and hidden kisses, the secret about your relationship was revealed when your brother caught him leaving your dorm room on the very same morning he was there to drop the care package that he and your mother had made for you during your sophomore year. Of course, Minhyun wasn't happy about it. But after the two of them had it out with Aron allowing your brother to break his nose as a punishment for stealing his baby sister, Minhyun finally gave his blessings and you began dating Aron publicly ever since.

The life you had with him wasn't all unicorns and rainbows, but it had been quite sweet and remarkable in its own way.

You were happy then, and together, you worked and supported each other to reach your dreams. You were on your way to finish culinary school, while Aron was on his way to becoming a doctor. After five years together, Aron finally bought you a ring and offered you a forever, and of course, you had said yes.