˗ˋ chapter 3 ˊ˗

the corners of jungwon's lips perked up with what jay said, but he managed to successfully fight back a smile as he quickly put on a poker face. "of course, i know that i'm really cute~," he smirked, glancing at the blond boy who chuckled in amusement- yet he had an obvious dumbfounded look on as he didn't expect the younger to respond that way.

jake giggled loudly, covering his mouth as his laughter turned hushed when a camp supervisor went towards their table. he paused and stared at the familiar boy, he was tall and had a lean body, wearing the uniform camp supervisors wore.

the rest of the guys sitting on the table looked at the supervisor, bowing their heads while jake had his mouth slightly agape. the supervisor noticed his reaction, quickly looking away from his eyes as he hung his head low, covering his face with his hair. "here you are," he shyly muttered, handing each of them their meals.

"s-sunghoon? park sunghoon?" jake asked, his eyes widened in surprise. the supervisor looked up, his shocked face quickly turning into a shy one as he sheepishly smiled.

"yeah, that's me."

"wait, that name's familiar," jay mumbled before gasping loudly. "wait! you're that figure skater, aren't you?"

"oh my gosh," sunoo too had his eyes widened as he covered his mouth, his eyes squinting as he let out a squeal. "you're park sunghoon! that's amazing!"

"who?" riki muttered and furrowed his eyebrows.

jungwon gave sunghoon a polite smile, staring at his filled bento box. sunghoon was obviously surprised that they knew him, awkwardly scratching his head. "well, enjoy your meal," he gave them another smile before leaving to give the other tables their foods.

"wah, jake," jay nudged the australian with a lopsided grin. "jakey here idolizes sunghoon. he really wouldn't shut up about that figure skater after his parents forced him to watch a contest a year ago."

"i believe it's love at first sight," jake blushed furiously, taking another glimpse of the pretty boy, a lovestruck smile plastered on his face.

"hyung's whipped!" riki chuckled.

♡♡♡

after endless chit-chat, dinner soon came to an end. jay kept on glancing at jungwon, finding himself quite drawn to the younger one even though the latter didn't talk much. jungwon just kept on silently eating his food: which was unlike him because he would've been teasing and bickering with sunki.

jungwon didn't know why he was quiet the entire time. maybe because he knew jay kept on glancing at him? for some reason unknown to jungwon, he kept on turning shy whenever the older one took obvious glimpses of him. he fiddled with his fingers, standing up from the table and instantly gaining his bestfriends and new friends' attention.

"i'm gonna go back to my cabin. lights out will be in-," he paused and glanced at his wristwatch. it was around 8:00PM, "two hours! so, i'm gonna spend those two hours inside, bye guys."

"what? don't you want to walk around with us for a bit?" sunoo asked, a pout forming on his lips. jungwon ignored his friend's sulky attitude.

"i've already explored around, anyway," he said, "now, if you excuse me-"

"i'll come with you. well, walk back to the cabin area with you, i mean. i haven't met my cabin roommate yet and i just wanna see if he has already gotten back."

jungwon nodded at jay's statement, and with that being said, the two went out of the eating area and the trees filled their sight.

they didn't need any flashlight as lamps were all over the place, lighting up the woods perfectly. there were also fairylights hung on trees, making jungwon smile slightly at the effort the supervisors put into designing the campsite.

"you aren't quite the talker, aren't you?" jay tilted his head, genuinely intrigued.

"hm, i'm actually pretty loud. especially when you get closer to me," he smiled slightly.

the younger boy took in his appearance; his blond hair looked so soft and smooth, and his clothes were also all black, which seemed to match jungwon's shirt. his eyes travelled to his clothes, figuring out what type of brands they were and if it was familiar to him.

'holy shit. is he wearing a balenciaga belt? and those prada shoes, and that burberry trench in one outfit?' jay noticed the shock on jungwon's face, raising a brow a little, "why are you looking at me like that?" the blond chuckled softly.

"u-uhm," jungwon bit on his lower lip, looking away as he spotted cabin 4. "jay hyung... how rich are you?"

"hm? ah," jay rubbed the back of his neck, "uhm.. i guess i can say i'm rich enough to buy a hundred of these campsites."

jungwon had his jaw drop agape. "you're kidding me?" jay shook his head at the younger's question. "huh," jungwon grabbed his key from his pocket, glancing at jay as they approached closer to cabin 4. the more he talked to the blond, the more interested he got to jay.

"hyung, i'm in my cabin," jungwon giggled when jay also followed him in front of the door.

jay raised his eyebrows up, fishing his key out of his pants pocket as he showed the dark-haired boy his key, 'cabin 4' written on it. he quickly gave jungwon a lopsided smile, "well, guess it's another coincidence."

jungwon had his eyes widened in shock. "i'm.. i'm roommates with you.. for two weeks?!"

"i'm not complaining," jay's smile widened into a grin, his hand naturally finding its way to the dark-haired boy's head, ruffling it so his once perfect hair turned into a mess.

jungwon was still standing in front of the door, and it looked like he wasn't budging anytime soon. jay chuckled and unlocked the cabin, walking inside as he plopped on his bed.

"ah, why are you just standing there?" jay tilted his head.

"u-uhm, i forgot i uh left my phone with sunoo," he lied, before running away as he closed the cabin door.

jay glanced at the phone charging on jungwon's side of the room. he knew it was bad manners to look at someone else's belongings, but he still walked towards his phone and turned it on, seeing a wallpaper.

the lockscreen wallpaper was a selfie of jungwon. the blond sighed and glanced at the door where the latter had left quickly.

"what a liar."