˗ˋ chapter 16 ˊ˗

a/n ::

hope you're safe and doing well <3

(>ᴗ<)

"ah, this is, like, one of my favorite times of the year," jungwon said as they entered the store that sells school supplies in JinHit mall.

his older sister, haewon, decided to accompany him to buy stuff for herself, too. haewon chuckled and patted his shoulder, "i'm actually gonna go meet up with my friends today. uhm," she glanced at her phone, "you can take the bus home since we're hanging out. they won't be my classmates anymore so we thought of spending time together."

"oh, alright!" jungwon smiled slightly. "go have fun with your friends~ did you tell mom, though?"

haewon nodded her head. "of course, i did, wonie!"

"alright! see you later, hae noona," jungwon said and his sister waved him goodbye. he sighed softly and looked at the store that only had very few people, "guess i'm gonna go home alone, then."

he walked through shelves and took some pens along, looking around. he glanced back at what he was wearing, a pink cardigan over a striped shirt and jeans.

as he turned to a stall where various types of notebooks were displayed, he saw a familiar blond wearing a grey oversized hoodie.

"jay hyung!"

jay turned his head at his name being called, a smile making its way on his face when he saw jungwon. "wonie~," he waved his hand. "it's nice to see you here."

jungwon smiled back and went towards jay. he glanced at the black-colored notebooks on his hands, and jungwon glanced at his colorful notebooks, seeing the contrast of the two. jungwon chuckled, "college?"

"uhm," jay rubbed the back of his neck, "graduating year of high-school."

jungwon's mouth formed an 'o'. "so you're batchmates with sunoo hyung?"

"mm, must be," the blond chuckled. "first year of senior high?" he asked.

"yeah, just a year below you," jungwon smiled. jay hummed in response and the two went on separate aisles to shop for other supplies.

it wasn't long until jungwon went to the cashier to pay. jay was beside him and the two got out of the store together.

"are you alone?" jay asked to which jungwon nodded. "hm, well, do you wanna get ice cream with me? my treat."

"ah, well i surely don't wanna be a bother—!"

"i'd love to eat ice cream with you," jay cut him off, "you will never be a bother, jungwon-ah. besides, i have nothing else to do here and it's been weeks since we've last seen each other."

"mm, alright," jungwon muttered and fiddled with his fingers. he glanced at jay's hand, suddenly missing its warmth. he cleared his throat and a blush crept on his face. 'yah! jungwon, what are you thinking?'

"over here!" jay grabbed jungwon's wrist and pulled him gently to an ice cream parlour. "their ice cream tastes amazing."

jungwon chuckled at how excited jay seemed. "you must really like this place."

"hm? not really, i'm just happy you're here with me right now," jay grinned and led jungwon to a table for two, sitting across each other. jungwon's cheeks didn't fail to redden at jay's words. the blond giggled loudly and pinched the younger's cheek. "red looks cute on you."

jungwon slapped jay's arm away and gave him a lighthearted glare. "hehe, cute~," jay cooed and jungwon stood up.

"i'm gonna go order, what would you like, hyung?"