˗ˋ chapter 22 ˊ˗

"would you like to have dinner with us?"

jungwon's eyes widened and nervously laughed as he latched on his mom's arm. "mommm, that's enough-"

"actually, i don't mind," jay smiled and glanced at jungwon.

"great, come inside!"

♡♡♡

"wah, dinner looks amazing!" jay remarked as he stared at the food in front of them.

"thank you," mrs. yang chuckled. jay was seated beside jungwon, and the three ate their meal after mrs. yang told them to dig in. the door opened and jungwon turned his head to look at who entered.

"noona~!"

haewon smiled and placed her bag aside, going to the table. she sat by her usual seat which was across jungwon, glancing at jay before grabbing food to place on her plate. "who's this?" she asked, pointing to jay.

"ah, jay hyung, this is haewon noona. noona, jay hyung," jungwon said and jay awkwardly scratched his head. 'i didn't expect i'd meet his family yet,' he thought to himself.

"jay- wait, that name's familiar," haewon muttered and gasped loudly. "wait!! you're the jay? the blond guy from jungwon's camp?"

"yeah, that's me," jay chuckled and glanced at jungwon who sunk in his chair with his face red.

"jungwon talks a lot about you!"

"noona," jungwon glared at his sister, "shut it."

jay covered his mouth as he chuckled, "really? ah, i'm flattered."

mrs. yang had a teasing grin on her face. "you two are cute together."

jungwon choked on his saliva, pounding his chest as he coughed loudly. jay quickly went to aid on jungwon, hitting his back repeatedly but careful not to hurt the younger.

the dark-haired boy chugged water after his choking stopped, glancing at jay with watery eyes, "thanks, hyung."

jay chuckled and stroked jungwon's back gently. "ah, you should really be careful," he softly cooed.

"jay-ah," mrs. yang interrupted, making jay look at her.

"ma'am?"

"please, call me eomma ('eomma' is 'mother' in korean)," mrs. yang chuckled and stared at the two. "are you interested in my son?"

"mwo?" jay's eyes widened slightly and glanced at jungwon who was equally and aback by the sudden question. "i- uh-, um- pardon me?"

haewon giggled in amusement and stared at the two of them with eyes that held mischief and teasing.

"m-mom, what kind of question is that-," jungwon was cut off by mrs. yang who spoke again.

"you don't need to have a label for us to know that you two are a thing. i can see the way you two look at each other," she said and her playful smile turned into a serious face, "just, don't ever hurt jungwon, alright?"

jay nodded his head, glanced at jungwon, and smiled widely. "i won't.. i promise."

"thank you," mrs. yang chuckled and stared at jungwon, "and you, for me you've been the best son since the day you were born. i don't need to prohibit you from getting boyfriends. you're doing so well with your studies, school and social life, anyway. just, be responsible, yeah? the two of you."