35. S H O E B O X

"SO, YOU'RE THE SPARKY KID Steve told me about

"SO, YOU'RE THE SPARKY KID Steve told me about." Sam Wilson greeted Lenks, mussing up her hair.

She charged her hair with static electricity, giving Sam's hand a small shock. He removed it instantly and shook out his fingers slightly, "And you must be the bird-man. Where are your wings?"

"They're— did you not just see them when I flew in over there?" he pointed over his shoulder towards the hangar.

"Oh, is that what they were? They're a tad small, don't you think?" she snarked.

"You've got an attitude." Sam noted, smiling, "Good. This place was getting boring."

Pietro strolled past, accompanied by Wanda and Vision, but he wasn't participating in the conversation. His eyes were glued to her, an angry scowl taking over his features. Pursing her lips, Lenks returned the expression.

Sam glanced between the two, "Do I sense some tension between you and the Speedo?"

"He's a pompous prick. I hate him, he hates me. End of story."

A little while later, Nat pulled Lenks aside, as well as Pietro and Wanda. She led them across the grounds and in through the main doors of the largest building, the Avengers A plastered on the side.

"This building is where all the offices for the staff to work in are located, we never really go in there unless we're needed for something. It's also where we have our press conferences, but we don't have those that often. Although we'll be having one soon to introduce you three to the public."

The group wandered through a series of corridors and out into a courtyard with a couple trees and a lawn. Across the way stood a second building of a similar size, with a third, smaller building just behind it.

Nat approached the larger of the two, "This is where you'll spend almost all your time; it's a private building, so only people with special clearance can get inside."

The doors opened as Nat walked inside, and they were greeted briefly by F.R.I.D.A.Y, Tony's new User Interface, before they headed towards an elevator at the end of the entryway. While they waited for the lift, Nat pointed to their left, where, through a glass window, was a garage filled with expensive looking cars, "That's the garage— most of the cars are Tony's, but there's still plenty for everyone to use. That's if you can drive, of course."

Inside the elevator, Natasha continued explaining the layout of the building, "Floors two and three are dedicated to training— there's a gym, pool, and combat training rooms, but we also have special simulation rooms for you to train your powers. The labs and conference rooms are on the fourth and fifth floors, and the sixth and seventh are the living quarters. Bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room... there's a home cinema as well, and a games room. And the top floor is the entertainment floor, where we have events and parties."