: REVEAL :

Brooklyn sat next to Neville the next morning with a happy expression as Dean and Seamus spoke to each other on the other side of the table, Neville constantly placing things on Brooklyn's plate so she would have enough food in her system

She got alarmed when someone randomly decided to sit next to her on her other side, before she let out a sigh of relief as she realised it was her sister. "Tia, are you okay?"

"Mad Eye is totally insane!" Her sister exclaimed as she reached forward and grabbed a waffle from the plate, grabbing a few Gryffindor's attention. "He was talking about unforgivable curses, which Neville told me are very bad, and made someone cry when he killed this poor worm thing! Honestly, this school is crazy"

"He's just mad because of what he's seen in his line of work" Brooklyn shook her head at her sister. "Wait until you see Harry's curse in straight action" She points to Harry, who's eyes widen as he turns to look at the two girls, Tia with a brows expression.

"That's it? That's the cursed chosen one?" She asks, gaining a nod from Neville. "I expected more from the stories" She says sharpely, making a few people laugh around her before she turns to Brooklyn. "Can you change your hair to make me feel better?"

Brooklyn places her hand over the girls mouth as her eyes widen alongside a few others who had heard.

"You're a metamorphosis?" Hermione inquires quickly, making Brooklyn glare at her sister in front of her before she lowers her hand and decides to let the girl speak.

"Yes!" Tia exclaims. "She is, although she doesn't like to share it because a lot of homes used to hate her because of it, thought that she was a freak of some kind" Hermione's eyes sadden as she realises what it is, Harry looking at Brooklyn as he realised she was an orphan too. "I think it's totally cool though! So did Mr and Mrs.Hattison!"

"That's enough of that" Neville says to Tia with a warning look, taking Brooklyn's hand in his as he reaches down and grabs her bag quickly. "We're going to head to class, see you guys later" He waved at them all shyly before he pulls Brooklyn up from her chair and pulls her away from the group quickly.

"Tia!" Dean scolds quickly to the girl as he and Seamus turn to her. "You shouldn't reveal things like that in public! There's a reason she didn't like to talk about it!"

"Oh" Tia realises, turning to the Great Hall door sadly. "I'm going to Owl Mr and Mrs. Hattison, they'll know what to do!"

Brooklyn sat on the stairs with a tired look on her face, Neville had left to go and speak to Tia about talking about things in public while he promised to be back as quick as he could

Word had somehow gotten around and she was greeted to her Transfiguration classroom with a remark from Malfoy and a congratulations from some random other Slytherin.

Her head rested against the brick wall as she watched the shadows flicker from the flames and light, being pushed by the wind to create such a beautiful yet boring dance in the shadows of the floor.

"Hi" Someone said, and Brooklyn turned to see Neville's older sister stood behind her.

"Hi Charlotte" Brooklyn said back as she placed her head back down against the wall, sighing in defeat as the older witch walked down the steps more and sat down beside her.

"I heard what happened" Charlotte started, "I'm sorry your secrets out"

"It's nothing much, I'm probably overreacting" Brooklyn shook her head as streaks of her hair turned into a deep blue shade, her fight giving up as Charlotte watched it with a sad look.

"Are you more upset that people know of your abilities or about why you hid them?"

"How I hid them" Brooklyn admitted, "guess I didn't want to show it here because I felt like I finally had somewhere I belonged, and then I'm now considered a freak again"

"You're not a freak" Charlotte shook her head quickly as she linked her hand with Brooklyn's, admiring the sketches that had been done during the day by Neville. "You're just more magical than them" Brooklyn let out a small sigh in response. "But you know that you don't have to be afraid here..because you do have a family?"

"Family? Who's?" Brooklyn questioned, "I don't have a family"

"You have Neville, me, Tia, Dean and Seamus" Charlotte answered quickly, "and so many others who are lucky to have you because you are simply amazing" Brooklyn turned to her with a frown. "Well, like it or not, you're family"

"Really?"

"Duh!"