: SULK :

"I just don't understand why I'm not allowed to go the ball" Tia sulked as she sat next to her suitcase full of clothes for her visit back home, the christmas term holiday has finally arrived and the girls were being separated for the first time i...

"I just don't understand why I'm not allowed to go the ball" Tia sulked as she sat next to her suitcase full of clothes for her visit back home, the christmas term holiday has finally arrived and the girls were being separated for the first time in nearly 5 years for their Christmas.

Tia wasn't allowed at the ball, alongside younger years, so when she had found out about the whole ordeal she had sulked and cried about the disadvantage she was at 'sue to her age'. By the end of the conversation, Neville had her wrapped up in his arms to calm her down as Brooklyn brushed her hair with her fingers soothingly.

The Hattison's weren't particularly happy that Brooklyn wasn't home for the holidays, but after a promise that she would arrive for New Year's Eve with Neville to spend some time with them (due to an exception made by Professor McGonagall) they had agreed to her spending the night with her friends all dressed up. The teenagers, Tia and Tia's friend sat around under a tree near the black lake, taking in the surprisingly nice day (because english weather is like that).

"Come on Tia, you know you'd end up leaving the ball for some exploring anyway" The Hufflepuff boy beside her comforted, who had earlier been introduced as Tia's friend Henry Green, he was a freckle covered boy who constantly looked either irritated or sad, but Brooklyn had seen him smile a few times around Tia and she was sure that they would be friends for a long time, if not, forever. "And balls are boring"

"They are not!" Tia gasped as she spun to him, "I mean, the suits, dresses, the stress of trying to find the right date and have an amazing night!" She babbled on to him, only making him even more irritated on the matter, that all seemed hellish to him.

"Or you could go with a friend, it's shouldn't be too much of a fuss" Brooklyn pointed out with a shrug, making Tia sigh as she looked towards Neville for help, but he was happily reading some random herbology book that Brooklyn had found for him earlier on in the week.

"But you will have a good time, I'm certain of it" Tia smiles as if she could see something that they couldn't, this made Henry glance between Brooklyn and Neville before slyly sending a look to Tia as if he had also found a hidden message between the teenagers.

"That we will, I'll make sure of it" Seanmus grins cheekily at the younger girl, making her beam as Dean groans in response, he was currently leaning into Seanmus-who was hogging half of the tree as Neville and Brooklyn shared the other part, Brooklyn sat between Neville's legs as she tapped her fingers away on his arm that held onto his book.

"If you attempt to turn anymore beverages into alcohol, I'm going to be blowing you up" Dean promises his friend, their shoulders pressing together as he crosses his arms in a take-me-serious way, Brooklyn raises her eyebrow at them as Henry rolls his eyes before abruptly standing up.

"We should head towards the front now, we're expected to be boarding the train in 20 minutes and we need to get our own compartment" He says in a serious matter, this makes Tia roll her eyes as she sends over a playful glare at Brooklyn-who smiles at the light banter-before she gets herself up anyway without a fight.

Brooklyn launches herself up as well, guiding Tia into her arms for a goodbye as Henry picks up both of their luggage to carry it behind them. Neville, noticing the sudden movement, places his book onto the empty floor to his left before he pounces onto his feet to gift Tia his own hug. Tia smiles as Brooklyn steps back and Neville soon replaces her.

"Seriously, we're running low on time" Henry reminds.