"The Usual Silence"

It was around 5 in the morning and M/N was already awake,he walked out of his room and headed to the lobby.He casually waved at the nurses who were by the reception before he asked them if he could go to the garden and watch the sunrise in sign language,he gave them a simple nod once he was given permission to go out by himself before heading out the door.He went to the best spot since the hospital stood on a flat hill that was by a beach,he held on the railings and watched the sun rise from the horizon,however,no emotion was on his face.The wind blew his rather long hair that reached his shoulders before he tied it,he didn't even look annoyed when the breeze blew his shirt up and revealed his abs.He tucked his shirt in and went back in once the sun was already up,he waved at the patients who were coming down the stairs before heading back to his room.

Once he got to his room,he laid down on his bed and looked at the ceiling.As he was slowly swirling into his own world,five doctors were looking at him from the door.The nurse with them sighed with slight concern "That's him,I recommend you don't disturb him right now.He may be silent and emotionless from how his parents treated him but we still know he has some feelings somewhere in his brain,we don't want to make him bottle up his emotions so he can recover soon",Minhyun nodded "No worries,we'll just keep watch from here.I heard that he only communicates through sign language and indirect communication by writing what he wants to say on paper,is that true?".The nurse gave him a thumbs up before walking somewhere else to not disturb them,Ren crossed his arms "He's gonna be a complicated one,I can tell".Baekho bit his finger before noticing that M/N was directly looking at them,M/N waved at them as he gave them an expressionless stare.

After taking a few minutes to introduce themselves,M/N took the spotlight to tell his story.He gave them a paper that had the whole summary of how his life back then before he was in such a state was,he let them read as he went to the table near the window and started to eat by himself.The nurse the boys just talked to walked in and went to M/N before whispering something into his ear,M/N gave her a nod before responding to her in sign language.JR raised his eyebrow "What did you tell him?",the nurse laughed softly "Oh,he usually goes to work out at his personal hospital gym if he has no scheduled treatment.He just told me that his usual schedule changed and he'll be down soon".Baekho smiled "Well,I can accompany him since its a gym,I'm sure it's like the usual standard look considering how he acts",the nurse nodded "Yes,its just like a normal gym in the city so you will have no trouble using the equipment".She went out before M/N finished his food,he drank his water and looked out the window.Minhyun looked at him and felt oddly hopeful,he gave them an excited stare before a idea popped up in his mind.

TIMESKIP

After M/N had his usual workout with Baekho keeping watch of him,he went to the showers to refresh himself and he didn't know that the boys already had a idea for his treatment.Baekho walked in and sighed "I hope this works or I'm catching a case",M/N walked out the shower with a towel around his wait before he looked at Baekho with a blank stare.The other raised his eyebrow "Are you not shy?",M/N shook his head as Baekho was ready to go for Plan B.He went to him and placed his arm around M/N's waist and looked into his eyes,M/N once again gave him a emotionless stare before going to change into new clothes.Minhyun walked in after knocking "Did it work?",Baekho shook his head "He didn't turn red from shyness,get angry for me seeing him in just a towel,or got turned on when I pulled him close.He didn't even smirk,scream,or widen his eyes,he only had that emotionless expression on his face".The two rubbed their foreheads in slight defeat before seeing M/N walk back to them in dry clothes,he walked past them and headed out which only made the two doctors fall into defeat.

After a few minutes,he was back to the room where they usually held his tests.He had a blank stare as he watched videos on the television that could induce the presence of emotions in him,however,Aron and the other doctors weren't giving up which M/N found a bit odd.He had a conversation with himself in his head questioning why they weren't having mental breakdowns and he instantly noticed that he felt his first emotions,he went to the screen that had a keyboard already coded in.He typed out a message before sending it to the observation room,Ren smiled as he saw the message flash on the computer "Look!He's questioning why we're not giving up yet,he's getting curious while being confused!".Minhyun and the others were celebrating before noticing that M/N was directly looking at them from the mirror,they grinned when they saw M/N congratulate them in sign language even if he had a rather blank expression on his face.They tested him again if he was capable of speaking after being so silent,Minhyun had his fingers crossed before he heard a soft whisper.He looked at him since it was only him and M/N in the room and the others were in the observation room "Come again?",M/N looked up and spoke the first words that he'd ever spoken after being so silent "I feel...odd,doctor".Minhyun almost tore up as Aron went to tell the news to the staff,Minhyun pat M/N's head "If you consider getting emotions odd,then I'm happy you feel odd".He smiled when M/N hugged him,he hugged back and didn't really care that M/N had a blank expression on his face,he only cared that M/N was finally on the road to becoming his old self.