Prolouge

__________

<><><>

"Stay behind me!" A deep, husky voice shouted. I looked up and met the deep blue ocean eyes of a handsome young man.

His dirty-blonde hair was messy and shaggy, but was all-in-all perfect. The man's gaze was focused on a giant shadow-looking being that seemed hellbent on getting to me. The blonde man repeated his words. "Stay behind me!" He quickly added. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"M-me?" I squeaked, frightened when he suddenly pulled out a giant sword. The hilt was a deep purple and the blade glimmered in the light.

I let out another yelp when a large blast of fire from the beast narrowly missed my head, as I quickly latched onto the strange yet handsome man.

I felt my stomach explode with butterflies when the blonde man smirked at my jumpy reaction. He chuckled slightly before once again refocusing on the beast before us. "Alright, time to be the dashing hero again." He sent me a sly look. "For the lovely lady."

The charming young man let out a battle cry before charging at the monster. He slashed and dodged, and blocked, and gashed, and I was openly memorized.

His beautiful dark blonde hair flowed with every movement and he swung his sword with much grace. I felt my vision blur the slightest when I was almost assassinated from behind; large claw-like arrows flew beside my head.

I felt completely helpless, turning around a facing a tall, intimidating man. His hair was red as his eyes were a bright gold. His harsh yet greedful gaze sent cold shivers down my spine.

"W-who are you? What do you want from me?" I cried out, hoping the gorgeous man would appear beside me and save me once again.

He let out a loud mocking laugh. "My name? Who am I? My, my, darling, my name is to no concern. But what I will answer, is that I need the very essence in your soul to finally gain ultimate power." He said, stepping towards me, causing me to step back.

"Aw, don't look so afraid, my little sweetheart. I'll make sure your death will be quick and easy. You won't feel the slightest thing."

I gulped as I continued to step back, almost jumping out of my skin when I backed up into the wall. I whimpered when he came close to me, so close that his face was only inches away from mine. He roughly grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Now, how 'bout we do this the easy way, yes? Hand over the Rerinium and I'll maybe let you live." He sneer, his evil gold eyes staring into my very soul.

"M-maybe?" I squeaked out. "What's the R-Rerinium?"

The tall sinister man grinned mischievously. "Oh, don't play coy with me, girl. You know exactly what it is. I won't ask you again, hand over the Rerinium. Now."

I opened my mouth, to once again say I had know idea what he was crazily talking about when I was fortunately saved.

The man was sent flying and the charming blonde guy earlier was standing in his place. The boy rushed over to me, his hand cupping my cheek as he gave me a once over, concern written in his blue eyes. "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?"

I shook my head. "No, I-I'm fine."

The evil man rose, he pointed a long finger at the blonde boy. "You again? I'm tired of you ruining every chance I get. But, no worries. My time will soon come." He cackled, his gaze never leaving me. "I'll get the girl one day. May it be tomorrow, next week, or even years from now, but I will get my hands on her. Just you watch, hero."

His sinister and maniacal laughter rang throughout the room even though he was long gone.

The handsome boy quickly scanned the room to make sure the bad guy was truly gone before turning back to me. He gave me a fast once over again before meeting my eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

"Yes, I'm f-fine." I answered, leaning back as the boy seemed to be leaning forward. His gaze was still locked onto me, his face only inches away from mine. "Are you sure?" He repeated.

I nodded my head, unable to say the words. His face was now only centimeters away, so close I could feel his warm breath against my face. As he leaned closer, my eyes fluttered shut as I could feel and hear him get closer. My heart thumped ferociously in my chest as I waited.

I opened my eyes ever-so slightly to see him staring at me with a passionate look. His face drew back as he caressed my cheek.

"Zelda...I..."

He didn't finish, only leaning in, and I quickly shut my eyes. The dashing young man leaned forward, his lips hovering over mine before he finally...

__________

<><><>