Chapter 14

__________

<><><>

"Link, Lana! Hey!" Pit cheered out as we neared the wandering couple.

They both snapped up, confused by our appearances.

Lana raised a brow and Link said confusingly. "Zelda? What are you doing here?" He asked as he gestured around us.

Pittoo snorted. "What about me and Pit? What are we, chopped liver?"

Lana frowned, seemingly obvious that she was upset that her alone time was ruined. She brushed past everyone, muttering. "I'm going to the bathroom."

Link reached out hesitantly for her, but stayed back. Pit and Pittoo merely rolled their eyes at the over-dramatic girl.

I swiveled around and followed the vibrant blue-haired girl. "I'm going too." I said to the group.

Following behind the blue-haired girl, I began to get nervous. Lana wasn't exactly my bestest friend in the world, but she was still someone I considered an acquaintance.

Lana walked into a small cafe, walking down a small hallway and into the bathroom. I quickly followed, hoping to catch a quick conversation with her.

"Lana!" I called after her.

I pushed open the restroom door, Lana standing in front of the sinks, glancing at her own reflection in the mirror. I hesitantly walked towards her.

"So...what is it? What do you want?"

I looked up at her in confusion. "What are you talking about, Lana."

She glared at me. "Don't play stupid, Zelda. I know you don't like me, and vise versa. Not only that, but you also have a thing for Link, as do I." Lana spoke. "So what will it take for you to get it through your thick skull that Link is mine."

"Yours? Since when was he yours?"

"He's always been, Zelda. Link and I have known each other since we were in diapers. It's obvious we were made for each other."

"Are you kidding me? That doesn't mean he likes you!"

"He doesn't like you, Zelda!" Lana screeched as she clenched her fist.

I sneered. "Oh really? If he liked you sooooo much, why did he go on a date with me a day or two ago?"

She flushed a bright red, her teeth clenched tight. "Shut up! He obviously likes me better if he's dating me!" Lana scowled.

The bathroom door began to rattle, the stall doors rattling along with it. We both glanced around cautiously, forgetting about our argument.

"Wait a second....why does this seem familiar?" I thought.

The stall doors all broke off with a loud bang, Lana squealing as I glanced around.

All tension and anger from before diminished. I continued to glance around when it came to me.

"What's going on?" Lana whimpered frightfully.

"Lana! Stay close to me, something bad is gonna happen!" I cried, as I pulled her close, remembering my vision. "We need to leave!"

The bathroom lights suddenly went out as a loud clash echoed throughout the room.

We both screamed when a rushing sound boomed on the walls around us.

"Lana!" I whined as I frantically whipped my head around at any sound. Her grip on me was slowly slipping away. "Lana, no! No! Hold on! This can't be happening!"

Lana's arms suddenly slipped off of me as her screams began to silence.

The lights slowly flickered back on. Toilet paper was thrown everywhere.
Water from the sink was leaking. But that wasn't what broke my heart.

It was that Lana was gone.

<><><>
__________