Chapter 13

Jealousy.

That disgustingly sick feeling that I always despised. It was like a horrible disease you could never get rid of.

And right now, there was no escaping this feeling.

Pit and Pittoo didn't notice me making my way towards the couple, Link and Lana.

An angry gleam was in my eye and I was determined to ruin whatever little moment they were having.

Yeah, some errand they had. I thought bitterly.

I was kind of being a hypocrite in my own way. I always hated those jealous girls on the side, but now, that was me, and quite honestly, it sucked.

Now I know how that feels.

"Hey! Zelda, where are you going?" I heard Pit call out.

I halted in my step and turned to face them, putting a finger to my lips to shush them. "Shhh! Look over there." I harshly whispered as they hurried over.

They both looked in the direction I pointed at and both snorted.

"Oh, looks like they're at it again." Pittoo commented as I gave him a confused look.

"What does that mean?" I asked, getting a bad feeling in my stomach.

He shrugged. "You know, they're like an on and off couple. I swear, those two need to make up their minds." Pittoo said as he rolled his eyes.

My eyes widened. "C-couple?"

Pit sighed. "Yes, couple." He leaned to me and whispered. "To be honest, they don't look good together."

Pittoo chuckled. "That I can agree too. For some reason, they don't seem to connect together. I know it sounds weird, but they don't click."

That made me feel a whole lot better knowing I wasn't the only one who unapproved of them as a couple.

"Oh." I murmured before perking up. "How about we go over there with them!" I said, that determination coming back.

The twins nodded. "Okay, that seems like a good idea. And thank god there is a McBrawlers right by them!" Pittoo blurted as we started walking.

I giggled slightly before turning to Pit. "So, what do we do now- You know with the whole crazy lady being after me?"

He shrugged. "We just need to protect you until you learn how to control your powers."

"Control my powers? I can control my powers." I asked, amazed. "That's so cool!"

He nodded, his shaggy hair shaking with the movement. "Yup, and when you do, we'll be able to strike back."

"How come?"

"Because then we'll have the upper hand. Not only do we have you, but you'll be able to master your abilities." He responded.

"Hmmm..." I started. "That's--"

I felt my breath hitch in my throat. The world around me faded into white, and time stopped.

...

"He doesn't like you, Zelda!" Lana screeched as she clenched her fist.

I sneered. "Oh really? If he liked you sooooo much, why did he go on a date with me a day or two ago?"

She flushed a bright red, her teeth clenched tight. "Shut up! He obviously likes me better if he's dating me!" Lana scowled.

The bathroom door began to rattle, the stall doors rattling along with it. We both glanced around cautiously, forgetting about our argument.

The stall doors all broke off with a loud bang, both Lana and I squealing as we tired to find cover.

All tension and anger from before diminished as we both clung to each other with fear.

"What's going on?" Lana whimpered frightfully.

"I-I don't know!" I cried.

The bathroom lights suddenly went out as a loud clash echoed throughout the room.

We both screamed when a rushing sound boomed on the walls around us.

"Lana!" I whined as I frantically whipped my head around at any sound. Her grip on me was slowly slipping away. "Lana, what's going on!"

Lana's arms suddenly slipped off of me as her screams began to silence.

...

I gasped as everything came back to me. Pittoo, Pit, and I were still in the parking lot, and not far away, Link and Lana were holding hands as they walked.

Another vision! What was it called again? Dreamed Fate? I thought solemnly when I recalled the events. Oh no! Lana!

I gazed back at the couple who were both laughing at something. I felt my heart lurch. Even though I may not like the girl and vice versa, I would never want anything horrible to happen to her.

And the truth was, I honestly don't know what will happen to her.