Chapter 9

__________

<><><>

The sun baked on my skin, sweat starting to form due to the hot weather.

I texted Peach, telling her I got my phone and that I did leave it at the coffee shop.

I walked down the sidewalk, making my way back go the dorm. I stopped in my tracks when I heard shouts and harsh voices.

"You are so stupid!" A female voice cried out.

"How exactly am I stupid? I was just warning her." A deep, husky voice said annoyed.

"But now she'll know something's up! She's gonna get suspicious and then Palutena's gonna get involved!"

"How's that a bad thing? We are going to need her help." The deep voice asked.

"Yes, but it's too early! We still need time so she can absorb all of this mess, Link." The high-pitched girly voice said as if it was obvious.

Wait a second— did she say Link?

I hid behind a tree as the voices seemed to be getting closer and louder. I glanced to my left to see a boy and a girl walking down the same way I was going.

The boy, was Link. He was just as I saw him earlier, good looking.

But he was a good looking asshole.

The girl on the other hand, was unfamiliar. Her hair was long and...blue? It was tied up in a high ponytail that had a darker blue bow sitting right above the ponytail. Her eyes were also blue, along with her skirt, shirt, and sandals.

The thing that hit me the most was that she was beautiful, and she was all up on Link.

My heart seemed to be aching. I couldn't believe he moved on just like that!

What a player.

Tears stung at the corner of my eyes as I furiously watched the two of them talk and sometimes flirt.

I twisted around, about to leave, but my foot got caught on a tree root causing me to crash to the floor.

My fall seemed to gain the duo's attention as they immediately rushed over.

Link recognized me. "Zelda?! Are you okay?" He held out a hand for me to grab.

I stood up, wiping off dirt and leaves that were on my clothes. "I'm perfectly fine." I sneered out, pushing his hand away. "And I don't need any help, especially from you."

A low whistle caught my attention as I heard a small chuckle. The girl with blue hair smirked at Link. "Wow, buddy, you sure know how to pick them, huh?"

With a growl, I glared at her. "Oh shut up, you oversized cotton candy!" I snarled as I pushed past the two of them, and continued on my merry way back to my dorm.

As I walked away, I heard the girl say confusingly. "Oversized cotton candy?"

<><><>

__________

(Picture of Blue Haired Girl aka Oversized Cotton Candy to the side)