Twenty-Seven.

He blinked the sleep from his eyes, turning over in his bed. For a moment, he couldn't remember how he had gotten there. But then Nessa remembered the death trap that was Venice's driving, and he was able to pull out vague memories of his night. That teddy bear was staring at him from the corner of the room. Kris was the one who gave it to him.

Her hands were shaking so much that she kept dropping her phone

Her hands were shaking so much that she kept dropping her phone. At one point, it clattered so hard that she found a fresh crack in the screen. Out of pure frustration, she took the stupid phone and threw it at her wall. A spider's web of cracks bloomed out upon impact.

It was hard for Emi to breathe. She kept seeing herself in the reflection of her vanity, mascara dragged down her cheeks in black waterfalls, her red lipstick smudged so bad that it looked like she had gotten into a fight. When she woke up with a horrific hangover, she didn't have the strength to bother wiping any of it off. Her black hair was in a rat's nest of old space buns.

Finally, she forced her shaking hands to work, picking up her phone and pressing the proper buttons. But what Emi found was that she had already gone through all of her contacts. All expect for the very last one.

Ever since she awoke at eleven in the afternoon, Emi had been calling all of her contacts to try to find out where Keely was. She even called Keely's own parents, who said that they had not seen her. She needed to see her, she needed to explain what a mistake she had made. The night was so blurry that Emi wasn't fully sure why she had even done it in the first place. All she could remember in full detail was the look on Keely's face. Every time she remembered it, she felt sick to her stomach.

Even though Emi would rather die than have to call that final contact, she knew that she had to exhaust all of her options. So she braved herself and pressed it fast enough to not give her a second chance to think about it.

Xavian (Awa' n bile your head, nyaff)

Was what the contact read.

The ringback tone hummed for a few seconds, and the longer that it went on, the more she wanted to hang the fuck up. But then the ringback tone stopped, and a voice spoke.

"Emily?" He sounded utterly confused, and a bit hesitant. However, he still bothered to pick up and that was enough for the time being. Emi was pretty sure that she saw him at the party at some point, so he may have seen if Keely went home with someone. Anything. "Hello?"

"H-hi." She stuttered. She never stuttered. Emi closed her eyes tightly, trying to calm down her shaking hands and uneven breath. Then she tried to get it over with. "When was the last time you saw Keely? I need to find her asap."

"This morning." Xavian replied. Emi remembered how she used to be plain Emily, which was why he had such a hard time reminding himself to call her Emi. And even though the nickname Ian had been around the entire time that they were together, she always called him Xavian because she thought that it was a really cool name.