CHAPTER 34: GROWING FLAMES

In a blink of an eye, 3 months passed by and there was only one month left before the summer holidays finally ended. The whole relaxed atmosphere was slowly shifting and they were reverting back to their usual routine. School and more engaging days were coming ahead which meant less spending time with each other as well. Wuxian wasn't in the particular mood to go to school but who was really? Either way, he didn't spend time on that fact. For now, the most that he could he do was maximize his time left with Lan Zhan because he knew for sure that after schools reopened, they wouldn't see each other as much and their relationship may take a step back. No worries though, Wuxian and Lan Zhan were on the same page about this and it would be a good way to balance other aspects of life with their new found love.

     It was an extremely hot summer day as Wuxian flopped onto the cooling pallet on the ground. He was outside Lan Zhan's house as he had come to visit. He couldn't call it a visit anymore though with all the time he had spent over in the Lan Estate, this was practically his second home. Anyway, the sun was shining brightly as a new temperature record of 35°c was set. Wuxian felt as though he would melt but it was better outside than inside. Inside the house was humid since Lan Zhan didn't believe in air conditioning and preferred the old fashioned way of opening windows to let air in. It was one of the things that differentiated the two. Lan Zhan had an old soul and some of his behaviours could be likened to an old man and Wuxian had come to adore that however now, he was slightly irritated since as much as the outside provided cool relieving air, the sunshine was too much and it caused him to sweat. His biggest worry though was that he may burn into a crisp at this rate.

  "Ughhhhh! Whatever! I can't keep shifting and moving around," he muttered to himself as he readjusted his position for the last time on the mat so that at least 3/4 of his body was in the shade leaving his head in the light. He shed off his shirt leaving him only in black shorts. He hummed as a breeze washed over his back and layed on his stomach; an afternoon nap being the way to go.

     "Eiihhhh Lan Zhan! Please bring me some plum juice now! Make sure it's bone chilling cold!!! This weather has just decided to turn on us today!" he yelled in the direction of the kitchen positive that Lan Zhan heard him, loud and clear. Resting his head on his crossed arms, Wuxian couldn't be at anymore bliss than this. Everything was perfect.

      He heard the sliding doors of the balcony open followed by the light footsteps of his beloved. Lan Zhan walked over with a tray of refreshing drinks which he set down on the small table before taking a seat beside Wuxian and covered his head with an umbrella. He too was shirtless and had on a pair of tropical shorts on.

   "Wei Ying, have you put on your sunscreen? You know how easily you burn right?" Lan Zhan began shaking the dozing off boy.

   "Mmh? Mmhhhhh.... No-I haven't. It's too far away and bothersome Lan Zhan. I'll put it on later." Wuxian mumbled turning his head away from him. The strings of slumber had attached themselves onto him and Wuxian wanted nothing more but to sleep now.

   "Wei Ying, Wei Ying." Lan Zhan called out but got no response. Ofcourse he would do something like this. Lan Zhan sighed as he stood up to go get the sunscreen. He had not only gotten a boyfriend but a child as well. Wuxian smiled lazily as he heard Lan Zhan leave, his heart full of love. It felt great having someone taking care after him all the time and the best part of it all was that Lan Zhan did it effortlessly and naturally. He was a lucky boy. A few minutes passed before Lan Zhan came back and took his position besides Wuxian. Kneeling, he set to work. He applied just the right amount of cream onto his hands before proceeding to lather Wuxian's back. He made sure it was a thin layer as Wuxian hated the feeling of oil on him but at the same time ensuring there was enough to protect him. Wuxian exhaled contently as Lan Zhan massaged and covered every part of him. This was the life.