CHAPTER 47:THE SCARRING TRUTH

Several days passed as the two men developed a new living system between them. Unspokenly, Wuxian had officially moved in with Lan Zhan as neither openly addressed the issue. Wuxian had waited to see if Lan Zhan would ask him to leave while Lan Zhan had waited to see if Wuxian would go. As neither had done any of the two, a silent agreement was formed and Wuxian became a permanent figure in the house. However, the awkwardness still lingered around them. Yes, they saw each other,  ate together and talked but it was very superficial and surface leved. They were on eggshells, walking on thin ice as none of them fully talked about what they wanted. It was like they had the script and the words but when it came to go on stage and play it out, they lost their voices and cues. It was nerve wracking, antagonising and irritating to say the least being in this bubble, noone wanting to burst it.

   So there they were, Lan Zhan preoccupied with work from dawn to dusk and Wuxian home alone most of the times doing basic house chores and such. At least, he got entertained by several rabbits that flocked the backyard gardens. Turned out Lan Zhan owned about 20 or so rabbits that he kept as company for the last few years. He even had his favourite one called Apple that lived with him in the house since she was the oldest one and would spend time with them when he was free. It had been more than a pleasure for Wuxian as he spent most of his days with them and was grateful for their adorable fluffiness. Seems like Lan Zhan couldn't resist them as well after all these years.

     The two then lived like that until Lan Zhan decided it was enough. There was no point in trying to escape. They were wasting time as it is and he didn't want to stall. Besides, he couldn't keep Wuxian hidden for long, not with his lifestyle and neither did he want to.

    Revering up the car, Lan Zhan placed the numerous shopping bags aside as he made his way back home. He prayed that what he had intended to do would happen as peacefully as possible and that he and Wuxian would breach the gap between them.

    He arrived 10 minutes to 6, the day still as bright and walked in to a very lively atmosphere. Wuxian had put in some music as he danced with a couple of rabbits in his arms, the backdoor open so that they could come in and out. Normally, Lan Zhan wouldn't allow them in except for Apple but at that moment, he didn't care about it. As long as it made Wuxian happy, a few animals in the house wouldn't be a problem.

     "Wei Ying,"  he called out affectionately, Wuxian instantly halting as he turned towards him. He graced him with a child like grin and it brightened the whole place up. He was definitely in a good mood.

   "Lan Zhan! You're home! Welcome, come! Sorry about the mess. I promise I'll clean it up. Oh, what's that you've got there? Did you go shopping?" Wuxian asked as he put the rabbits down. He went over to Lan Zhan, helping with some of the bags as he peeked to see what they contained.

   " Mmh. I bought you some clothes and shoes since you don't have much to change into, as well as other things you might need. You can try them on later and pick those that you like. I'll return the remaining ones or get them exchanged."  Lan Zhan explained as he set them all down. He had tried his best to pick out those similar to Wuxian's body type and taste and had probably gone a little overboard. Though it didn't matter as Wuxian let out peels of joy, aweing at every little thing. He was blown away.

    "Lan Zhan!!! Oh my God, this is soo beautiful!!! Where did you even get thisss!?! Look!! It sparkles in the sun!" Wuxian exclaimed as he took everything apart, amazed by it all. Lan Zhan simply watched, satisfied that Wuxian was pleased and enjoyed it. He made another note to take him shopping soon. He sensed he would enjoy that process.

     " Ohh thank you Lan Zhan! I can't even begin to describe.... you didn't have to. I am already living in your house and eating your food for free. This, this is just incredible really." Wuxian continued feeling as though Christmas had come very much early for him. Ohh, he loved everything. Lan Zhan internally scoffed as he got up to go prepare their dinner. Wuxian didn't need to thank him for anything, he would do anything he wanted, give him all that he desired and follow anything he said. All was at this disposal for his soulmate. He busied himself as Wuxian transferred everything into his room and took the rabbits out. The evening was approaching and soon night would be upon them.